2 Way Radio Communications Guide
How to speak on a 2 Way Radio
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 129 students
Instructor(s): Dylan Kemlo
Last update: 2022-08-29
What you’ll learn
- How to Plan your message before you select the Push to Talk switch, in order to transmit.
- Tips on useful Radio transmission techniques.
- Become confident when speaking on a two way radio.
- Understanding the principles associated with two way radio communications.
- Anyone actively involved in an Industry that requires their employees to use two way radios for communication purposes.
It is important that the users of a two way radio, have a sound knowledge of communication procedures that are applied in a professional manner. (This is in addition to understanding the radios working parts and components).The 2 Way Radio Communications Guide is a course that has been designed to assist anyone who uses a radio transceiver; (i.e. – is able to transmit and receive messages), for communication purposes. The intended outcome of this course is threefold namely, (a) To be able to transmit a message in the correct manner, (b) To know what procedure to follow when receiving a message and (c) To be able to monitor the radios operational, or selected frequency/ies during either normal watch, emergencies and standby periods. This study guide course will also equip you with the necessary tools so that you have the confidence you need when using a two way radio for communication purposes. We have also included human factors in this study guide, which both directly, and indirectly affect the outcome of two way radio communications. This free guide is not only aimed at all commercial operations that two way radio communications during the course of their duties, but will also suit recreational users of two way radios.
Who this course is for
- Commercial Operations – This includes, but is not limited to Pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, Shipping Crew, Disaster Operations, Fireman, Airport Ground Personnel, Security, Police, Medical, Mining, Game Reserves, etc.
- Recreational Users such as radio controlled flying clubs to promote an ongoing awareness and communication protocol on frequency.
- Introduction to Two way Radio Communications
- An Introduction to speaking on a 2 Way Radio *Transceiver.
- Human Factors in Two Way Communications
- An Introduction to Human Factors in 2 Way Communications
- The `mighty` PTT Switch
- An Introduction to the Push To Talk Feature
- Volume versus Squelch Control
- A comparison between the Squelch and Volume Control switches on a 2-way Radio
- Applying Radio Transmission Procedures in the correct manner.
- The application of Transmitting Procedures correctly on Frequency
- Radio Licensing requirements.
- Radio Licensing explained.
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|