Active Directory: Sites and Replication with a Lab
Active Directory Sites and Replication: AD DS replication, partitions, conflicts, topology
Note: 3.0/5 (15 notes) 894 students
Instructor(s): Vitalii Shumylo
Last update: 2022-03-28
What you’ll learn
- Sites Replication
- AD DS Partitions
- SIte Links
- Site Link Bridging
- Replication Topology
- Familiarity with general Windows and Microsoft server administration and technologies
This course is aimed to IT Pros and is supposed to give the viewer the information they need to know to get started with Active Directory (AD DS) and its key concepts. The goal is to provide coverage of AD DS components of advanced AD DS deployments, how to deploy a distributed AD DS environment and· Configure AD DS Sites and Replication.
The course is targeted to help learning Active Directory and do your job more efficiently.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
· Describe how AD DS replication works.
· Configure AD DS sites to help optimize authentication and replication traffic.
· Configure and monitor AD DS replication.
· Describe AD DS partitions.
· Explain how AD DS replication works within a site.
· Explain how to resolve replication conflicts.
· Explain how replication topology is generated.
· Explain how SYSVOL replication works.
Within an AD DS infrastructure, standard domain controllers replicate Active Directory information by using a multiple master replication model. This means that if a change occurs on one domain controller, that change then replicates to all other domain controllers in the domain, and potentially to all domain controllers throughout the entire forest. This lesson provides an overview of how AD DS replicates information between standard domain controllers and also read-only domain controllers (RODCs).
Who this course is for
- Active Directory Administrators
- Windows Server Administrators
- IT Specialists
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Course Overview
- Section Overview
- What are AD DS partitions?
- Characteristics of AD DS replication
- How AD DS replication works within a site
- Resolving replication conflicts
- How replication topology is generated
- How SYSVOL replication works
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring AD DS sites Section Overview
- What are AD DS sites?
- Why implement additional sites?
- Demonstration: Configuring AD DS sites
- How replication works between sites
- What is the ISTG?
- Overview of SRV records
- How client computers locate domain controllers within sites
- Moving domain controllers between sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication Section Overview
- What are AD DS site links?
- What is site link bridging?
- What is universal group membership caching?
- Lab: Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Lab Solution: Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
Google Project Management [Coursera with Google]
Time remaining or 168 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|