Adaptive Sourcing: Agile Procurement in Practice
IT Procurement with Agile mindset
Note: 3.9/5 (13 notes) 3,882 students
Instructor(s): Sergii Dovgalenko FCIPS
Last update: 2022-08-06
What you’ll learn
- Evaluate the economic effect of Agile Procurement in terms of revenue loss due to delayed Time-to-Market
- Study and practice true Agile procurement principles (speed, flexibility, multiple choice scenarios)
- Understand transformational trends of the Industry 4.0
- Explain the notion of the Operating Model
- Review the Bimodal operating model and its realization for IT and Procurement
- Study three ground theories (PST Model, Buygrid Framework, Pace Layer Model)
- Synthesize earlier theories into the Adaptive Sourcing Concept
- Understand the complexity of innovation procurement and possible solutions to source Systems of Innovation.
- Review the Hybrid Sourcing Strategy for IT as a practical application of the Adaptive Sourcing
- Basic understanding of IT and Procurement, operating models, and transformation trends
This course unites two worlds – IT and Procurement. Both functions are going through significant business and technological transformation to comply with the Industry 4.0 mandate.
Our course is efficient – it is half exercises, case studies, and applying best practices straight after learning.
Instead of just talking about Agile procurement, we’ll suggest actionable advice for its realization synthesized from classical theories and intuitive concepts. For example, we will provide the mathematical model to calculate the value of Time-to-Market and prove the critical importance of Agile procurement.
In 2022, the standardized “unisex” governance is a repelling anachronism, damaging the company and its suppliers more than any competitors.
We need to apply flexible business processes depending on the situation selectively.
A bimodal operating model precisely allows that. Therefore, it attracted IT and strategic sourcing professionals, creating “bimodal IT” and “bimodal procurement.”
This course will explain the origins of the bimodal operating model, its bright sides, and its deficiencies.
We’ll present Adaptive Sourcing as the synthesis of different concepts, which leverages the bimodal procurement process but goes well beyond its remits. Essentially, it is the practical realization of Agile procurement.
We’ll also propose a custom sourcing strategy for IT goods and services that puts our theoretical definitions into the negotiation practice.
Indeed, Adaptive Sourcing is one of the implementations of Agile Procurement 4.0 – flexible, variable, and streamlined. It brings additional cost savings, stakeholder satisfaction, and business process optimization.
Strategic procurement and sourcing managers and IT experts may start practicing it immediately!
Who this course is for
- IT and Procurement officers, managers, and executives aiming to practice the Agile procurement
- Proponets of flexible governance, value creation, and Agile methodology.
- Agile Procurement Attributes
- Exercise: Agile or Not?
- Adaptive Sourcing to Achieve Speed and Flexibility
- Agile Procurement and Time-to-Market. Revenue Curve over the Product Lifecycle.
- The Importance of Time-to-Market: Revenue Loss due to Late Product Introduction
- Case Study of Revenue Loss vs. Savings
- The Transformation of IT as Such and Operating Models in Particular
- Megatrends and Industry 4.0
- Transformation of IT. New Operating Model (with Excercise no. 1)
- Case Study of Agile Procurement Operating Model
- Bimodal IT. Agility and Reliability Modes. Bimodal Procurement.
- Agility and Reliability Modes (with Excercise 2)
- Bimodal IT Operating Model
- Deficiencies of the Bimodal IT concept
- A Practical Case of Bimodal Procurement
- Case Study: Bimodal Procurement in Practice
- Adaptive Sourcing
- The PST Concept by Simon Wardley
- Buyclasses in Buygrid Framework
- Pace Layer Model
- Adaptive Sourcing Model
- Procurement of Innovation
- Basic definitions. Innovation in the Product Lifecycle.
- Innovation and Innovation-Friendly Procurement
- Typical supplier selection processes for innovation. Agile Supplier Selection.
- Pre-commercial procurement
- Hybrid Sourcing Strategy for IT. Final Course Quiz.
- Hybrid Sourcing Strategy
- A Practical Case of a Sourcing Strategy
- Full Course Quiz
- Course Slides and Narrative. Links to my blog posts on course topics.
Time remaining or 230 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|