AP Computer Science A – Part 1
A beginner Java course covering all of the basics you need to know for the AP Computer Science A Exam.
Note: 4.7/5 (3 notes) 2,646 students
Instructor(s): AlgoSTEM Inc.
Last update: 2022-03-27
What you’ll learn
- Gain a firm grasp on the basics of the Java programming language by learning about variables, data types, operators, and operations.
- Learn how to instantiate, call, and use objects (including the String datatype).
- Learn to utilize booleans and boolean expressions, especially in the context of if statements in order to modify a program’s control flow.
- Acquire the skills necessary to manually traverse iterative statements, including for loops and while loops (this is an imperative skill for the exam).
- Basic understanding of algebra and mathematics-based problem solving is required. No prior experience in programming is necessary (though it will help).
In this easy-to-understand, multi-part course, learn all the required topics for the AP Computer Science A exam! You’ll be taught the fundamentals of the Java programming language, covering data types, objects, classes, boolean expressions, if statements, loops, strings, arrays, ArrayLists, 2D Arrays, inheritance, recursion, and more!
This is Part 1, which will specifically cover:
Boolean Expressions and if Statements
Note: While this course only covers the first 3 of a total of 10 AP CSA units, check AlgoSTEM’s Udemy profile to locate the other units!
Information about the Instructor:
Amanvir is a junior at Irvington High School, having already self-studied and taken the AP Computer Science A exam last year with a score of 5. By utilizing the information and experience he has acquired from taking the exam, Amanvir hopes to teach others about various topics and techniques required to score highly on the exam. Outside of creating this course, Amanvir is an avid programmer and enjoys creating various apps, including an online buzzer application and collaborative video watching tools for teachers.
AlgoSTEM is a non-profit organization led by Arushi Gupta and Akshaj Gupta that aims to increase accessibility to STEM education. Through its free online courses, AlgoSTEM has taught over 35,000 students worldwide. AlgoSTEM instructors are experienced and knowledgeable about the subjects they teach which include computer science, math, and various sciences.
Along with having multiple Udemy courses, AlgoSTEM has a popular YouTube channel called Algorythm that covers solutions to coding problems including those from Leetcode, Codeforces, Codechef, and various math competitions.
Who this course is for
- Those interested in taking or preparing for the AP Computer Science Exam
- Those interested in learning Java
- Unit 1: Primitive Types
- Variables and Data Types
- Assignment Statements
- Compound Assignment Operators
- Ranges of Variables
- Unit 2: Using Objects
- Introduction to Objects
- Calling A Void Method
- Calling A Void Method With Parameters
- Calling A Non-Void Method
- String Methods
- Wrapper Classes
- Using The Math Class
- Unit 3: Boolean Expressions and If Statements
- Boolean Expressions
- If-Else Statements
- Else-If Statements
- Compound Boolean Expressions
- Comparing Objects
Time remaining or 975 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|