Basic Localization Terms And Acronyms Explained
Learn about the localization industry and the various acronyms and terms we use.
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 182 students
Instructor(s): Andrej Zito
Last update: 2022-09-10
What you’ll learn
- Understand what different ACRONYMS mean
- Learn about the basic localization TERMS
- Get an OVERVIEW of the localization industry
- Find out if LOCALIZATION is for you
- No previous experience needed. Our course is for absolute beginners.
Are you interested in localization? Do you see many weird acronyms like L10N or I18N but don’t understand what they mean? In this free mini-course, you’ll learn the basic terms and acronyms of the industry.
What you’ll learn in this course:
What is CAT
What is TM
What is TMS
What is L10N
What is I18N
What is G11N
What is PM
What is DTP
What is LE
What is QA
What is MT
What is CMS
What is LSP
What is MLV
Do I need any prior knowledge to complete the course?
Nope, you don’t need to have any experience with localization. I’ll explain everything you need to know from scratch using my (poor) drawing skills. All you need is a computer, a good Internet connection… and some good coffee helps too!
What is the course format?
You’ll encounter structured video lessons to follow. This is a collection of the videos we created for Localization Academy. We also have a community platform on Discord where you can engage with other students and instructors.
I’m working or studying. Will I have time for this?
Absolutely. The course is fully self-paced, so you can take as much time as you need to get through the lessons. There’s no expiration date on your access to the course.
Who this course is for
- Anyone interested in localization.
- Introduction To This Free Course
- Quick Tip To Kickstart Your Localization Career
- All The Localization Acronyms In One Place
- What Is CAT
- What Is TM
- What Is Analysis
- What Is TM Match
- What Is TMS
- What Are Adjusted Word Counts
- What Is Context/101% Match
- What Is I18N
- What Is DTP
- What Is PM
- What Is LE
- What Is QA
- What Is L10N
- What Is G11N
- What Is KPI
- What Is LSP
- What Is MT
- What Is CMS
- What Is MLV/SLV
- What Is PO
- What Is BUG
- It’s A Wrap
- Thanks For Watching This Course
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|