Build an effective Business Case
How to build an effective business case for first time approval!
Note: 4.3/5 (37 notes) 596 students
Instructor(s): Robert Chapman
Last update: 2022-07-01
What you’ll learn
- How to write a business case
- The key steps to a successful business case
- How to successfully present your request
- How to detail the costs and savings associated with the case
- How to present the key benefits of this case to your audience
- The importance of detailing potential risks (something often missed)
- How to hook your audience from section 1
- The importance of detailing what comes after approval (Again, something often missed)
Delivering a well thought through business case is crucial if you are going to have any chance of having that case approved. On too many occasions people submit subpar business cases which are either too long, too short, too complex or too vague. Creating a business case that strikes the right balance is a fine art, and this course will show you the steps you need to follow to do just that.
In this course, you will learn:
– How to pull together an effective business case.
– The key process steps you need to complete.
– Key things to look out for when creating your case.
– Hints and tips on how to increase your chances of approval.
This course is about delivering concise, to the point and effective business cases that attract and keep the readers attention, tell a story and include the right amount of detail. The method followed in this course has been tried and tested by myself, your instructor, plus many other people in business, on numerous occasions, all with the outcome of having the business case in question approved.
In the past year I have submitted 30 business cases in my current organisation, and ALL have been approved first time due to the fact that they have followed this model. These business cases have ranged from small improvement projects to large, transformation projects requiring new hiring, new software installations and structural organisational change. The model works for any size of project!
Who this course is for
- Business professionals
- Small business owners
- Project Managers
- Organisational Leaders
- Team Leaders / Managers
- Business Improvement Professionals
- Breakdown of a business case
- Breakdown of the process
- Scope and duration
- Proposed solution
- Other options
- Key benefits
- Cost and savings
- Next steps
- BONUS Content: Resources
- Section quiz
- Close out
- Close out
- Thank you
- Build out your business case!
Natural Language Processing [Coursera]
Time remaining or 648 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|