Business Model Innovation For Brand Growth
Transform Your Business Model For The Digital Economy (Case Studies & Actionable Practices)
Note: 4.8/5 (25 notes) 5,024 students
Instructor(s): Expert Academy
Last update: 2022-07-04
What you’ll learn
- How tech giants and Unicorn startups grow so fast, and how to emulate their methods
- How digital, platform-based business models work and the requirements to execute them effectively
- Re-think innovation portfolios to increase economic profit and valuation multiples
- Re-structure organisations to grab new growth opportunities much faster
- Experience of business strategy, innovation and leadership at a senior level.
Corporate leaders are worried. In this time of pandemic crisis, new ways of thinking and acting are needed more than ever. Even without the current crisis, digitisation has been shrinking traditional profit pools, and growth has been harder than ever for incumbents.
Surveys have demonstrated the scale of the problem:
80% of CEOs believe their business models are not economically viable as their sector digitalises
94% of CEOs are unhappy with innovation efforts
85% of digital investment has generated zero or negative ‘Economic Value Added’
90% of corporate start-ups have failed
While we have to stabilise things right now, we also need to plan for the future and renew how we think about strategy, innovation and where best to invest.
Every company has the potential to grow like Amazon, Apple and Alibaba. They (simply) need to:
Invest in digital business models and platform strategies
Re-structure their operations
Innovate and execute in new ways
I spent a year analysing in-depth which business models work best in a hyper-connected world and how traditional organisations can, in practice, adopt and adapt them.
This easy-to-consume online video course shows you how. It is based on an in-depth analysis of the relationship between business models and financial performance; world-class case studies; best-practice methods; and frameworks.
About The Course
The course includes 5 x 45-minute modules:
Part 1: The New Growth Agenda – the new sources of value in the digital economy
Part 2: Platform, Network And Ecosystem Know-how – the 10 key platform strategies and how (in practice) to apply them
Part 3: Business Model Pioneers – 10+ case studies from 4 continents of bold strategies that have moved the valuation needle
Part 4: New Business Model Portfolio – how to re-allocate capital and resources to create new growth flywheels
Part 5: Renew – the 5-step holistic process to rejuvenate your organisation’s ability to respond to market opportunities at speed
Engagingly conveyed using easy-to-follow graphs and images, this evidence-based and highly graphical course comprises 40 short videos (2-10 mins each) in total within 5 modules, so you can consume in the way that suits you. You’ll be further supported by actionable check-lists and specific learning tasks.
Who Is This Course For?
This course has been designed with senior executives and their teams in mind.
What Will I Learn?
This course helps by answering important questions:
Which business models perform best in a connected world? Why and How?
How exactly do the tech giants and Unicorn startups grow so fast, and how can traditional companies emulate their methods?
How do digital, platform-based business models work and what are the requirements to execute them effectively?
Which incumbents have transformed their business economics? What can we learn and apply from their stories?
How should we re-think our innovation portfolios to increase economic profit and valuation multiples?
How can we re-structure our organisations to grab new growth opportunities much faster?
Who this course is for
- This course has been designed with senior executives and their teams in mind.
- Introduction: Business Model Innovation For Brand Growth
- The New Growth Agenda
- Introduction & Key Foundational Questions To Ask About Your Business Model
- New Opportunities From Digitisation
- New, Exponential Business Models Are Creating New Competitive Pressures
- Speed Of Change: Why Incumbents Can’t Keep Up
- Introduction To The Five Key Steps To Renew Your Business
- Intro To Renew Step 1 – Reset The Way Leaders Think About Growth & Value
- Intro To Renew Step 2 – Envision New Ecosystems
- Intro To Renew Step 3 – Non-traditional Capital Allocation
- Intro To Renew Step 4 – Energise Your Organisation
- Intro To Renew Step 5 – Widen Your Appeal
- Platform, Network And Ecosystem Know-how
- Introduction & 5 Key Principles
- Where Are You Today, Technically?
- Part 3: The 5 Steps To Create An Effective Platform Strategy
- How Platform Businesses Are Evolving
- Product Vs Platform Businesses: Key Differences
- Amazon Case Study: How Has It Grown So Fast?
- Learn From The Business Model Masters
- CFO Alert!
- Ten Types Of Platform Strategy, For An Incumbent
- Importance Of An ‘Ambidextrous Organisation’
- Check-list For Platform Success
- Business Model Pioneers
- Introduction & The Incumbent’s Dilemma
- Ping An (China)
- Recruit Holdings (Japan)
- Kloeckner Steel (Germany)
- Naspers (South Africa)
- Houzz (USA)
- FNAC-Darty (France)
- Toyota (Japan)
- Twilio (USA)
- US Healthcare (USA)
- Incumbents Vs The Masters And 10 Key Lessons For All
- The New Hybrid Business Model Portfolio
- Introduction, Agenda & Context
- Re-thinking ‘Capital’, Assets & Sources Of Value
- Where Are You Investing Today?
- New Approaches To Capital Allocation
- Key Success Factors
- A New BM Portfolio Framework
- Apple Case Study
- Amazon Case Study
- Modelling The Impact And Re-organising For Success
- Check-List for A Powerful Business Model Portfolio
- Renew – How To Kickstart A Business Model Transformation
- Introduction & Agenda & Key Messages
- Renew Step 1- Reset The Way Your Leaders Think About Growth & Value
- Renew Step 2 – Envision New Ecosystems & Your Role Within Them
- Renew Step 3 – Non-traditional Capital Allocation
- Renew Step 4 – Energise Your Organisation & An ‘ambidextrous’ Structure
- Renew Step 5 – Widen Your Appeal & Wow Your Customers
Time remaining or 881 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|