C# Console and Windows Forms Development w/ Entity Framework
Learn to build a practical Data Driven Windows Forms Application using C#, LINQ, Entity Framework and SQL Server.
Note: 4.6/5 (809 notes) 98,276 students
Instructor(s): Trevoir Williams
Last update: 2022-05-03
What you’ll learn
- Understand how to Create and run Console Applications
- Understand how to Create and run Windows Forms Applications
- Understand Basic C# Syntax – blocks of code, curly braces, comments
- Understand how to use string interpolation, concatenation and general manipulation
- Understand Variables and Objects
- Understand how to use C# operators for math and logic tasks
- Understand Windows Forms Visual Elements and Controls
- Understand different data types, when they are used and how they behave.
- Understand Methods and their return types
- Understand how to build Classes
- Understand how to create Windows Forms and how to manipulate them (Open, Close, Hide, etc)
- Understand how to pass data between forms
- Understand how to connect Windows Forms applications to a database
- Understand how to write LINQ queries.
- Understand how to connect to and upload a project to GitHub
- Understand how to use Entity Framework
- A Computer
- Willingness to Learn
In this course, you will learn C# programming for desktop applications. These lessons assume no prior knowledge of programming or the C# language, and will have you up and running in no time. By the end of this course, you will have enough knowledge to build a functional Windows Forms Application, connected to a Microsoft SQL Server Database, with all your program code and changes being tracked on GitHub.
This course will equip you to be an employable .NET Developer job in any organization.
This journey will have you becoming proficient in
Visual Studio Interface and Shortcuts
Console Application Development with C# 10 (.NET 6)
Understand C# Syntax
Understand Datatypes and Variables
Understand Sequence, Decision and Repetition Control Structures
Understand String Manipulation
Understand Date and Time Manipulation
Understand Object Oriented Programming, Classes and Objects
Understand Visual Studio 2022
Understand Debugging Techniques
Develop Console Applications
Data Driven Graphical User Interface Applications using Windows Forms
Managing Databases with SQL Server Management Studio
Developing User and Roles Management Interfaces and functions
Understand LINQ and Data Queries with C# Syntax
Setup Login and User Management Functionality
Using Static Utility Classes for cleaner code
Developing Multi-Document Interface (MDI) Applications
Applying Object Oriented Programming with C#
Adding a Visual Studio Project to Source Control
Why Learn C# Language
C# is the most versatile programming language in .NET Framework and .NET Core. Not only can you build Windows client applications, but you can also use C# to build Web and mobile apps.
C# can be used to build:
Windows client applications using Windows Forms, WPF and UWP.
Web applications with ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core.
Native iOS and Android mobile apps using Xamarin.
Libraries, components, and console applications
Cloud and Azure apps
Block chain apps
Not only is C# language supported and maintained by Microsoft, but it also has a strong community support. More than 5 million developers use C# language. .NET Core and C# compiler are open source and the adoption is growing in open source community.
Content and Overview
This course is very beginner friendly and chock full of development tips. This huge course offers premium content, smartly broken up to highlight a set of related activities based on each module. We will also look at troubleshooting and debugging errors as we go along; implementing best practices; writing efficient logic and understanding why developers do things the way they do. Your knowledge will grow, step by step, throughout the course and you will be challenged to be the best you can be.
By the time you have finished the course you will have moved around in Visual Studio and examined logic and syntax errors so much, that it will be second nature for you when working in the .NET environment. This will put your new learned skills into practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
The course is complete with working files hosted on GitHub, with the inclusion of some files to make it easier for you to replicate the code being demonstrated. You will be able to work alongside the author as you work through each lecture and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Clicking the Take This Course button could be the best step you could take towards quickly increasing your income and marketability! Also, remember that if you don’t think the course is worth what you spent, you have a full 30 days to get a no questions asked refund!
It’s time to take action! This deal will not be available forever!
See you in the course!
Who this course is for
- Anyone wanting to learn LINQ
- Anyone wanting to learn .NET Programming with C#
- Anyone wanting to learn Desktop Development with Windows Forms
- Development Environment Setup
- Install Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition
- Create Your First C# Console Project
- Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition Tour
- Understand the Difference between .NET 6 and Previous Versions
- Development Using Visual Studio Code
- Section Review
- C# Programming – Basic Control Structures
- Understand Basic C# Syntax
- Input and Output Programs
- C# Data Types and Conversion
- Application Debugging Techniques
- Arithmetic and Assignment Operators
- Conditional Statements
- Repetition Statements
- C# Programming – More Advanced Constructs
- Methods – Void
- Methods – Value Returning
- String Manipulation Functions
- DateTime Manipulation Functions
- Exception Handling
- C# Programming – Object Oriented Concepts
- Introduction to Classes and Objects
- Method Overloading
- Static Classes and Static Class Members
- Inheritance with Classes and Interfaces
- Add Visual Studio Solution To GitHub
- Create GitHub Account
- Add Solution To Source Control
- Winforms Applications – The Basics
- Visual Studio 2022 – Windows Forms Setup
- Create a Simple Winforms Application (Car Rental Application)
- Understand Winforms Controls, Properties and Events
- Form Validation and Exception Handling
- Install SQL Server Express Edition
- Create Database in SQL Server
- Create Database Model with ADO.NET
- Select Data from the Database Using LINQ
- Submit to Database from Form
- Multi Document Interface (MDI) and More Database Operations
- Creating Additional Forms and Windows
- Create an MDI Application
- Managing Database Changes and CRUD Operations
- View Data In A Grid
- Managing Database Changes
- Create and Edit Records (Using one form)
- Activity – Add Try…Catch Logic to the forms and a Refresh Button and Logic
- Activity – Refresh Button Code Solution
- Vehicle Data Validations and Exception Handling
- Manage Car Rental Records
- Enhancing Application Flow and User Experience
- User Management and Login Functionality
- Simple Login Form
- Control Features Based on User Roles
- User Password and Active Status Reset
- Add New Users and Password Reset
- Add To Source Control
- Setup GitHub Account
- Add Project to GitHub
- BONUS Section
- BONUS Discounts
Time remaining or 548 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|