Content-Based Language Teaching: From Theory to Practice
Teach Language through Content: CBI, CLIL & EMI
Note: 4.5/5 (4 notes) 2,287 students
Instructor(s): Wayne Finley
Content-Based Language Teaching is growing in popularity all around the world. In the future, your school or university will ask you to teach language through content. They may refer to it as CBI, CLIL or EMI. In this course, you will learn everything you need to be an effective and engaging content-based language teacher:
· The three key terms simply explained: CBI, CLIL and EMI
· Approaches like Sheltered Instruction (SIOP) and Theme Based Instruction
· Practical skills such as writing content objectives and adapting texts
· Key theories from researchers like Stephen Krashen and Lev Vygotsky
· Resources and templates for teaching a variety of content-based lessons
· Personal feedback on your final assignment: a content-based lesson plan
This course is designed by a full-time teacher trainer who has taught content-based language classes for over 10 years. Just like in face-to-face teacher training, it is interactive every step of the way. You will complete a variety of practice activities to engage with the content and generate your own ideas.
There is no course like this anywhere else: it gives you the full Content-Based Language Teaching toolkit. All the theories, all the practice and all delivered with passion and enthusiasm from an experienced teacher trainer. It’s time to teach language through content. Become a successful content-based language teacher today!
Time remaining or 249 remaining registrations
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram channel|