COVID tracker application in Java Spring Boot for Beginners
Learn Spring Boot in no time while working on a web application related to corona virus
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 9 students
Instructor(s): Grego E
Last update: 2020-06-10
What you’ll learn
- You’ll gain experience in Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA, Spring Boot DevTools, Spring Web and Thymeleaf.
- How to configure a MySql database with Spring and store data in tables.
- How to process data from local files and from a remote web URL.
- How to setup scheduled processes.
- See some approaches to debug application when there’s an error.
- How to use Lombok, DataTables, MaterializeCSS.
- Basic Java knowledge
Would you like to learn Spring Boot whilst also creating a useful web application? Go no further as in this course you will do just that.
Join creating a Covid-19 tracker application from scratch in Java Spring Boot using various Spring modules such as Spring Data JPA, Spring Boot DevTools, Spring Web and Thymeleaf.
You will also see an example of using scheduled processes within Spring Boot and you will also see how to process data from files both locally and from a remote web URL as well.
The application will use a MySQL database so you get to see how to configure it with Spring Boot and you will see how to store data in database tables.
We will cover many useful libraries such as Lombok, Datatables and MaterializeCSS that you will be able to use in your future projects too.
In this course you will also get to see me debug certain parts of the application from which you can learn from and apply the approaches yourself.
By the end of this course you will be able to create similar applications in Spring Boot from scratch and will also have experience using a range of Spring modules and many useful libraries.
Who this course is for
- Beginner developers who’d like to build applications in Spring Boot.
- People who’d like to build a corona data tracking application.
- Final Application
- Setting up the project
- Initialising the project – Spring Initializer
- Generating a Spring project.
- Application Structure
- MVC crash course
- Controller and MVC explanation
- File processing
- Corona virus data source
- Corona virus data URLs
- CSV parsing logic part 1
- Corona Class
- CSV parsing logic part 2
- Storing data in database
- Persistence layer setup, MySql and saving data to tables
- Get data from web URL
- Querying the database
- Database query + extending the view layer
- Scheduled processing
- Debugging and Scheduled process
- Scheduled process
- Finish up the application
- Adding the number of changes for each day
- Adding changes columns to our view layer
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|