Crash Course on Civil Engineering and AutoCAD: Part 2
Reimagining Estimation and Costing for construction purposes in 2022.
Note: 3.8/5 (43 notes) 15,122 students
Instructor(s): Srinidhi Ranganathan
Last update: 2022-09-07
What you’ll learn
- Practical estimation and calculation of brickwork through manual methods
- Practical estimation and calculation of plastering work through manual methods
- Practical estimation and calculation of brickwork through automated methods
- Practical estimation and calculation of plastering work through automated methods
- Know about a web platform that can help you to design, produce products, plan construction with the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Learn about the purpose of estimation
- Basic knowledge of Civil Engineering is necessary
- Prerequisite: As this is a series-based crash course, first, enrol in “Crash Course on Civil Engineering and AutoCAD: Part 1” and then join Part 2 to avoid any kind of confusion. This will help you to fully understand this course which serves to be a direct sequel to the concepts taught from the previous course.
“An estimate for any construction work may be defined as the actual process of calculating the quantities and costs of the various items required in connection with the specialised project – whatsoever”.
Before the start of the project for its execution, the owner should have full knowledge of the volume of work that is to be carried out. The tiny details can help him understand if the actual work can be completed within the proposed time frame and budget. It also enables him to decipher the probable cost that may be incurred for completion. Thereby, it is necessary to list the probable costs or develop an estimate for the proposed work from its plans and specifications and this is crucial.
An estimate can be prepared by calculating the quantities from the drawings for various items and multiplying them with the unit cost of the concerned item or items. Calculating this can help to work out the approximate cost of the project in order to decide its’ feasibility with respect to the cost and to also ensure the financial resources – supposedly the proposal is actually approved.
From quantities of different items of work that are calculated in detailed estimation, resources can be nearly allocated to different activities of the project and the project’s duration and whole planning and scheduling of the project will be carried out. Let’s look at the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the field of estimation.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods have been extensively used in the fields of civil engineering applications e.g. construction management, building materials, hydraulic optimisation, geotechnical and transportation engineering, and newly added EHS.
Artificial intelligence technology nowadays plays a key role to improve and support the construction sector, Artificial intelligence (AI) usage in Civil promises an opportunity to transform the efficiency and quality of developments in various ways. This includes even “Building Plan Processes” that can be figured out through automated means. In the field of Civil Engineering, automated technology is considered a boon. Artificial machines will survey a potential construction site during the planning stages to gather enough data to generate 3D models, blueprints, and designs for development. It took weeks to complete that task. Now simply because of Artificial Intelligence new-age tools, the process only takes one day. This helps companies save time and money. In the construction industry, the design of Artificial Intelligence encourages the concept of fully automated construction sites, for that matter.
AI can assist in the layout review technique (e.G. Layout optimisation), bidding manner or method (e.G. Predictive fashions of evolution of raw fabric expenses) and postmortem evaluation (e.G. Natural language processing to become aware of comparable work consignments) with the aid of analysing tremendous amounts of inner unstructured information (inclusive of bidding documents) and outside information (along with commodity prices) to provide insights from previous tasks. In doing so, C & I groups can generate greater accurate estimates, reducing budgets and timeline deviations via an expected 10-20% and engineering hours with the boost or aid of 10-30%.
Also, while nearly investments in information analytics can generate great potential value, success or fulfilment is not only about truly acquiring and integrating new era technologies; it’s approximately growing an organisational strategy and culture that combine an insights-pushed approach to key selections, strategies and commercial enterprise models in a manner that enables the company to invest on the proper time and for the right reasons – for that matter.
This super-series-based course “Crash Course on Civil Engineering and AutoCAD: Part 2” taught by Digital Marketing Legend “Srinidhi Ranganathan” and Civil Engineering Mastermind “Saranya Srinidhi” will teach you incredible calculating or estimation methods for brickwork and plastering work through manual and automated means. The course also brings awareness of an Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Civil Engineering platform that allows anyone to design and manufacture their own product, plan or build, or plan. We will also talk about the purpose of “estimation” and its importance.
Everyone indulging in the civil engineering profession will clearly think of these reasons, i.e. the fixed amount of funds, costly labour (skilled and unqualified), difficulty in getting good building materials, particularly cement, and regular rising costs of concrete, bricks, timber, etc. Two important things are also needed in terms of economy and construction standards. Construction standards can be achieved through careful monitoring and selecting proper specifications, while planning is a must for the Economy. If known beforehand, the total quantity of different materials used in construction can help the planning of the economy and that’s why this course is important to learn.
Sign up now and let’s start learning this mind-blowing course and change your career with the power of technology and change the whole facet of estimation forever.
Who this course is for
- Civil engineering students who wish to expand their knowledge further to learn advanced concepts of Artificial intelligence for practical application in their field
- Senior design engineers who have professional experience in the design of various projects and want to apply this technology to speed up the process
- Engineering graduates who are seeking a job in their field of expertise
- Civil engineering college professors who wish to research on new-found technologies in the civil engineering field in 2022 and beyond
- Civil engineers who wish to know about the estimation process in-depth through manual and automated methods
- Anyone who is interested to learn AI tech in Civil Engineering
- Crash Course on Civil Engineering and AutoCAD: Part 2 – The Course
- Introduction to the course: Artificial Intelligence for Civil Engineers: Part 2
- Brick work Calculation and Estimation for construction purposes
- Brick work Calculation and Estimation for construction purposes: Continued
- Brick work Calculation and Estimation using automated methods and AI platform
- Special: Construction Robots are changing the industry
- Plastering work Calculation and Estimation using manual and automated methods
- Purpose of Estimation: Detailed
- Bonus Lesson
Time remaining or 420 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|