Data Sonification using Two Tone- Convert your Data to Music
Make your own music compositions from datasets without any prior musical or programming knowledge, for FREE !
Note: 4.6/5 (36 notes) 13,663 students
Instructor(s): Prince Patni
Last update: 2022-06-05
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to data sonification and data-driven music.
- Learn TwoTone : a fun and intuitive way to make your own music compositions from datasets without any prior musical or programming knowledge.
- Augmenting your visualizations with music
- Use different features to modify music as per the dataset
- Get insights into great sonification projects and more amazing useful resources
- No experience needed, you will create your music compositions from datasets without any prior musical or programming knowledge.
What does data sound like?
Sharing the complex narratives within data in an intuitive fashion has proven difficult, especially for communicators endeavoring to reach a wide audience comprised of individuals with differing levels of data knowledge and mathematical ability. To overcome this barrier, is the concept of Data Sonification—the process of translating data into sound, sometimes in a musical context—as a method of overcoming barriers to data communication.
In this course, we will learn TwoTone : A free open-source web app to turn data into music.
Top Reasons why you should learn Data Sonification using TwoTone :
Data Sonification is the new buzzword and TwoTone simplifies it to a great extent !
The demand for BI professionals is on the rise. This is one of the most sought-after profession currently in the lines of Data Science. Adding music to your Dashboards will make your skillset superior to other BI professionals.
There are multiple opportunities across the Globe for everyone with this skill.
Two Tone has a small learning curve and you can pick it up very quickly.
There is no Trail or Paid version of this tool. It is absolutely free and available for everyone.
You do not need high configuration computer to learn this tool. All you need is any system with internet connectivity.
A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this Data Sonification course.
Who this course is for
- IT professionals looking to learn Data Sonification
- Software Engineers, Software Developers, Business Intelligence Professionals
- Dashboard Developers to augment their Reports with Music
- All Enthusiasts looking to learn new technologies
- Introduction to Data Sonification
- Introduction to TwoTone
- What is TwoTone?
- Who Developed it?
- Why use Two Tone?
- Some more facts about TwoTone
- Setting up TwoTone
- Signing up for TwoTone
- App Walkthrough
- Creating 1st Sonification in TwoTone
- Using TwoTone Features & Options
- Setting up the Data Source, and Instruments
- Using Filters
- Setup Music Notes, Octaves, Tempo etc
- Adding multiple Tracks and Narration
- Changing the Speed and Duration of music
- Summary of features in TwoTone
- Data Sonification Examples
- Data Sonification Examples 1
- Data Sonification Examples 2
- Additional Resources
- More tools for Sonification
- Additional useful Resources
- End Notes
- Conclusion and Congratulations
Natural Language Processing [Coursera]
Time remaining or 947 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|