DevOps Tools for Beginners: Vagrant in 1 hour
Vagrant is one of the Tools for DevOps and infrastructure automation. Deploy and virtualize testing environments easily
Note: 4.0/5 (9 notes) 2,613 students
Instructor(s): Vitalii Shumylo
Last update: 2022-10-20
What you’ll learn
- Explain what Vagrant is and how to use this tool
- Install Vagrant
- Manage the base boxes in Vagrant environment
- Manage single machine environment
- Manage multi machine environment
- Read, create and modify Vagrantfile
- And more…
- If you want to follow along you’ll need a computer meeting the requirements in order install Vagrant and Virtualbox.
- It’s good to have Basic Linux knowledge
- Laptop or PC running Windows, Mac OS X, or any Linux
This course is A Beginner’s Guide to Vagrant. The purpose of this course is to prepare you to deploy a necessary IT environment with Vagrant from scratch. This course is aimed for IT Pros, Developers, Operators, DevOps, System administrators and Everyone and is supposed to give the viewer the information they need to know to get started with Vagrant and its key concepts. The goal is to provide coverage of Vagrant components, how to deploy a single machine or multi machine environment instantly.
The course is targeted to help learning and getting started with Vagrant and do your job more efficiently.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
Manage the base boxes in Vagrant environment
Manage single machine environment
Manage multi machine environment
Read, create and modify Vagrantfile
Introduction to Vagrant
Vagrant is a tool for building and managing virtual machine environments in a single workflow. With an easy-to-use workflow and focus on automation, Vagrant lowers development environment setup time, increases production parity, and makes the “works on my machine” excuse a relic of the past.
Vagrant provides easy to configure, reproducible, and portable work environments built on top of industry-standard technology and controlled by a single consistent workflow to help maximize the productivity and flexibility of you and your team.
If you are a developer, Vagrant will isolate dependencies and their configuration within a single disposable, consistent environment, without sacrificing any of the tools you are used to working with (editors, browsers, debuggers, etc.).
If you are an operations engineer or DevOps engineer, Vagrant gives you a disposable environment and consistent workflow for developing and testing infrastructure management scripts. You can quickly test things like shell scripts, Chef cookbooks, Puppet modules, and more using local virtualization such as VirtualBox or VMware.
If you are a designer, Vagrant will automatically set everything up that is required for that web app in order for you to focus on doing what you do best: design.
Vagrant is designed for everyone as the easiest and fastest way to create a virtualized environment!
Who this course is for
- Junior DevOps
- System Administrators
- Course Introduction
- Getting installed
- Working with s single VM
- Section Overview
- Importing and using base boxes
- Managing Vagrant boxes. Part 1
- Managing Vagrant boxes. Part 2
- Managing Vagrant boxes. Part 3
- Working with multiple VMs
- Section Overview
- Defining and connecting to multiple virtual machines
- Networking the multiple virtual machines
- Building Labs
- Working with Ubuntu Lab Environment
Time remaining or 403 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|