Easy Guitar for Beginners – Become a Confident Guitar Player
Step by step guitar course. 5 minute lessons. Learn to play chords, melodies, warm up exercises, music theory…
Note: 4.8/5 (12 notes) 7,585 students
Instructor(s): Filip Flego
Last update: 2022-02-10
What you’ll learn
- Play rhythms, chords, and beautiful melodies.
- Develop left and right-hand techniques through warm-up exercises.
- Learn to read easy sheet music.
- Understand basic music theory – scales, chords, and how they are connected.
- Gain general knowledge about guitar and music.
- Build a good foundation for further progress.
- Have a usable guitar (of any kind – classical, acoustic, electric…), tuner (tuner app is enough), pick.
- Will and time to practice.
- I suggest you watch this course on a device that has a bigger display than a smartphone. If you will use the smartphone, you could have difficulties in reading chord charts, TABs, sheet music, etc.
Welcome to the guitar for beginners course!
My name is Filip Flego, I am a professional guitar player and teacher, and I will lead you through the process of learning guitar.
We will start from the absolute beginning, and we will cover basic chords, melodies, rhythms, and left and right-hand techniques. We will do all that using original songs composed specially for this course.
Now and then, there are warm-up and theory lessons.
Warm-up lessons will help you develop different techniques, synchronize between left and right hand, and gain strength in the left hand.
Theory lessons will help you to systemize all the knowledge that you will gain.
Each lesson video lasts for max. 5 minutes. I suggest you dedicate 15 to 30 minutes to each lesson. Make pauses and watch some parts twice if you need it.
My other suggestion is that you practice at least 5 days in a week.
Every lesson is structured this way (except warm-up lessons and theory lessons):
1) I play the song
2) Explanation step by step – here you are learning. Make pauses if you need or watch some parts twice.
3) We play together – when you feel confident about your playing, here we do it together! 😉
4) After each lesson, you will download the PDF file with notation, TABs, comments, and further explanations to better understand what you have just learned to play, as well as to learn how you can write and read music.
IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS COURSE AFTER THE PURCHASE, THERE IS A 30 DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE!
If you never touched a guitar before, and don’t know anything about music (but you would love to play guitar, and understand music), I designed this course for you.
This is the right place to start.
Make yourself a coffee, grab a guitar and let’s learn to play it the easy way!
See you in your first lesson 🙂
List of knowledge and skills you will gain until the end of this course:
1) Chords: C, D, Dmin, D7, E, Emin, E7, F, F#7, G, G7, A, Amin, Amin7, A7, Bmin, B7
– major: C, G, D, F
– minor: a, e, b, d
– harmonic minor: a, e, b, d
3) Rhythms and meters: different rhythms in 4/4 and 3/4 meters
– LH: hammer-on, pull-off;
– RH: playing with fingers and with a pick; palm mute
5) Warm-up exercises – for left hand; for synchronization between LH and RH
6) Reading easy sheet music:
– whole note, half note, quarter note, eighth note, notes with a dot
– tonalities C, G, D, F, a, e, b, d
– repetition signs, prima & seconda volta
– ritardando, fermata
7) Music theory:
-construction of major, minor, and harmonic minor scale
– construction of chords (triads in major scale + 4 note chord on V degree)
– creation of simple bass lines using root and 5th
– degrees in the scale
– writing techniques (melodies): nota di volta, chromatic passing tone
Who this course is for
- Students who never touched a guitar before. This course was constructed with the absolute beginner in mind. Lessons are gradually introducing new materials and constantly repeating previous ones.
- Beginner guitar players who doesn’t feel sure about some basic things – in this course, each and every detail is explained. Left and right hand technique, writing and reading easy sheet music and chord charts as well as basic music theory behind it.
- If you don’t have much time and want to learn guitar, this course is for you. Lessons are short and you will need 15 to 30 minutes to complete each lesson (and learn a new skill).
- Tuning guitar, first chords and rhythms
- Welcome Presentation
- How to hold and tune your guitar
- Warm-Up: C Major Chord
- Sunny Day: C Major Chord With Easy Rhythm
- Warm-Up: E Minor Chord
- Warm-Up: A Minor Chord
- First Waltz: 3/4, C Major and A Minor Chords
- Chords – Fretboard Diagrams
- Meters: 3/4 and 4/4
- Warm-Up: G Major Chord
- Major and Minor: Exercising Chords
- Duration Of The Notes
- First Melodies
- Section 2 – Overview
- Warm-Up: Stretching Fingers
- Friendly Tune Part 1: Your First Melody
- Friendly Tune Part 2: Chords and Rhythm
- Climbing Stairs Part 1: C Major Scale as Melody
- Climbing Stairs Part 2: Chords and Right Hand Technique
- Reading Sheet Music
- Warm-Up: D Minor Chord and Right Hand Technique
- Knitting On The Strings: Chords and Right Hand Technique
- Chords – Fretboard Diagrams Part 2
- Right Hand Fingers
- Exercising Part 1: Melody (Octaves)
- Exercising Part 2: Chords
- First Lesson On Music Theory, LH Techniques
- Section 3 – Overview
- First Bite Of Music Theory – C Major Scale, 3rds (Part 1)
- First Bite Of Music Theory – Chords (Part 2)
- Dancing On The Stairs Part 1: Melody
- Dancing On The Stairs Part 2: Bass Line
- Warm-Up: More Stretching
- Release: Pull-Off Technique
- Hit: Hammer-On Technique
- In The Garden Part 1: Melody
- In The Garden Part 2: Chords and Rhythm
- Warm-Up: F Major Chord
- Afternoon Nap: C and F Major, Right Hand Technique
- Chords And Degrees Of The Scale, Bass Lines
- Section 4 – Overview
- Second Bite Of Music Theory – Chords In C Major Scale
- Degrees In The Scale
- By The Sea Part 1: Melody
- By The Sea Part 2: Chords
- Small Bite Of Music Theory – Bass Lines
- Bass Lines / Fifths
- Multitasking: Chords + Bass Line
- Combinations: Melody and Chords
- Scales: Chromatic, G, D And F Major
- Section 5 – Overview
- Third Bite Of Music Theory: Chromatic Scale
- Chromatic Scale
- G Major Scale
- Beautiful Melody in G Major
- Walking Part 1: Chords and Rhythm
- Walking Part 2: Melody
- D Major Scale
- Beautiful Melody in D Major
- Warm-Up: Hammer On, Pull Off
- Driving: Chords + Little Melody
- F Major Scale
- Major Scales
- Beautiful Melody in F Major
- Warm-Up: Stretching Fingers Part 2
- Flying Part 1: Chords and Rhythm
- Flying Part 2: Melody
- Chords – Fretboard Diagrams Part 3
- Minor Scales
- Introduction To The Next Section
- Fourth Bite Of Music Theory: Minor Scales
- Fifth Bite Of Music Theory: Harmonic Minor Scales
- Minor And Harmonic Minor Scales
- Beautiful Melody in A Minor
- Beautiful Melody in E Minor
- Beautiful Melody in B Minor
- Beautiful Melody in D Minor
- Extra Section – Additional Materials
- Section 7 – Overview and Materials
- Go Tell It On The Mountain
- Amazing Grace
- Blues in A
Natural Language Processing [Coursera]
Time remaining or 441 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|