Enable Any Frontend App with Login using Google & SpringBoot
Enable Login with Google on your Frontend application using Google Oauth2 and SpringBoot by Implementing it end to end
Note: 4.3/5 (32 notes) 13,864 students
Instructor(s): Ranjan Pandey
Last update: 2022-04-02
What you’ll learn
- You will learn about Oauth2 and Spring security
- You will learn about creating REST endpoint using Springboot
- You will learn about Google Oauth2 and Springboot integration
- You will learn to create a frontend and connect it with Login with Google
- Basic Knowledge of HTML, Java
Then we will learn to create a Springboot application. After that, we will move on to create few REST API endpoints in our Springboot Application.
Next we will move on to configure google console dashbaord to register our Springboot application.
Then we will make a connection from our Springboot application with Google console.
After that we will configure Spring Security in our Springboot application in such a way that only allowed endpoints will not need authentication. But for other endpoints user will be redirected to Google Authentication page.
On Google Authentication page user will fill out its google credentials. If entered credentials are the correct user will be redricted to our Springboot Application.
Now its time for us to create our frontend application and we will connect this frontend with our Springboot application.
So user will now come to our Frontend, then he will login with google.
On successful login we will fetch user information from google and show it to user on the next page.
With Login with Google functionality we don’t have to keep a seperate user database with us rather we can ask google to authenticate our user on our application’s behalf. If successfully authenticated then google will give us all the profile information of the user.
Using this information we can do further operation in our application.
Who this course is for
- Anyone who wants to integrate social login with google in their web application
- Introduction & Installation Setup
- Course Overview
- About your Instructor
- Software Installation
- Google Console Setup & Architecture
- Overall Project Workflow and Architecture
- Create Google Console Project & Update consent screen
- Creating Client Id and Client Credentials
- Working with SpringBoot & Security
- Generating Springboot Project from Spring Initializer
- Import project to intellij
- Implementing Controller with Greeting Endpoint
- Spring security configuration for clientId and clientSecret
- Implementing Spring Security Config class
- Test Log-in with Valid Google Account
- Getting LoggedIn user profile information in our application
- Developing Frontend & Integrating with Backend
- Downloading Visual Studio Code
- Setting up Frontend
- Integrating Bootstrap5
- Add Login with Google Link
- Redirect User to Frontend Index page
- Fetch API call to Get Current User Data
- Solve the CORS issue
- Understanding the complete google authentication flow
- Designing Our Homepage for User Profile
- End to End testing with multiple google user login
Time remaining or 16 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|