Escape the City: StartUp School – Launch Your Business Idea!
Entrepreneurship Fundamentals & Business Strategy To Create Your Business Using A Proven 10 Stage Process
Note: 4.7/5 (3 notes) 116 students
Instructor(s): Expert Academy
Last update: 2019-11-10
What you’ll learn
- Understand your motivations, values, risks & resources
- Understand how to choose the right idea
- Understand what you’re assuming to be true & how to prioritise
- Confirm whose problem or need you are solving
- Identify who your customers will be
- Consider alternative ways to solve the problem
- Develop a business case
- Understand the value of an MVP
- Be able to reach your target audience
- Know how to gain momentum
- You want to start your own business
- No other previous experience is required
Want to launch an idea – but not sure where to start?
Our Online Startup School follows 10 crucial steps to help you avoid the common startup pitfalls and accelerates you to being your own boss.
This is a learning by doing experience that will teach you how to build a startup. This is your entrepreneurial apprenticeship. It’s not about building a rocket ship overnight, it’s about developing a powerful new toolkit, network and mindset to help you identify and execute exciting opportunities over the next few years as you transition into entrepreneurship.
This complete course includes:
– 23 instructional videos
– 12 downloadable PDF documents & templates
– 6 projects and exercises to complete
– an easy to use financial template
– a curated selection of further external reading and viewing
Lets launch your idea into the world.
AS FEATURED IN: Fast Company, Time, The New York Times, WIRED, Forbes & Financial Times
Life is too short to do work that doesn’t matter to you.
Since 2010, we’ve helped thousands of people Escape into starting businesses through our Escape School in London. We’ve gathered knowledge from our 250,000+ Escape community members around the world to learn what works. We’ve dissected tried-and-tested lessons from entrepreneurs, psychologists, philosophers, adventurers, investors and other successful Escapees to distill a set of principles that work.
We’ve distilled our best Startup lessons into this easy to follow online course.
Who this course is for
- Anyone who would like to start their own business
- Anyone who would like to develop a business idea from scratch
- VIDEO: Welcome to Escape the City
- VIDEO: Want to launch an idea – but unsure where to start?
- INFOGRAPHIC: Launching your idea
- EXTRA READING (10 mins): Paul Graham on why to start a startup
- STEP ONE: FOUNDATIONS – Am I clear on my motivations, values, risks & resources?
- VIDEO: Am I setting the right foundations?
- VIDEO: 4 questions to uncover your values
- EXERCISE: How to unearth your values
- EXERCISE: How to assess your startup idea against your values
- VIDEO: Map your good idea criteria
- STEP TWO: IDEAS – How do I choose the ‘right’ idea?
- VIDEO: What if you don’t have an idea?
- VIDEO: What if you have ‘too many ideas’?
- STEP THREE: ASSUMPTIONS – Do I know what I’m assuming to be true & how to priori
- VIDEO: Get clear on all the assumptions you’re making
- VIDEO: Rank your assumptions in order of risk
- VIDEO: Design simple tests for your riskiest assumptions
- PROJECT: Map Your Assumptions
- STEP FOUR: CUSTOMERS – Do I know whose problem or need am I solving?
- VIDEO: Who are you helping?
- VIDEO: How to define the problem and a pick a test niche
- STEP FIVE: NICHE – Do I know who my first customers/users will be?
- VIDEO: What do your customers ACTUALLY want?
- VIDEO: Golden Rules for Customer Development: Good & Bad Questions
- BONUS WATCH – How to learn from your customers when everyone is lying to you
- STEP SIX: BUSINESS MODELS – Have I considered other ways to solve this problem?
- VIDEO: Have I considered other ways to solve this problem?
- VIDEO: Generate solutions & different business models
- STEP SEVEN: SANITY CHECK – Do I have a business case?
- VIDEO: Does my basic financial forecast make sense?
- BONUS: Free Financial Model Templates
- STEP EIGHT: FIRST VERSION – Is my first version embarrassing?
- VIDEO: How to create a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- PROJECT: MVP Plan & Tools
- READ: The Ultimate Guide to MVPs
- STEP NINE: AWARENESS – Do I know how to reach my target audience?
- VIDEO: Does my niche buy and recommend my product?
- TOOLS: Branding tools
- STEP TEN: TRACTION – Do I know how to get momentum?
- VIDEO: 6 simple marketing hacks to help you get going
- READ: Fast and cheap marketing tests you should consider running
- PROJECT: Test Your Traction Channels
- Conclusions, Material & More Support
- VIDEO: Recap of the 10 steps to startup
- CONTENT: Branding Basics
- PROJECT: Brand ID Canvas
- CONTENT: Mindset + Resilience
- WATCH: The Power of Vulnerability
- Bonus Lecture
- VIDEO: Get more momentum…join us at the Escape School
Time remaining or 901 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|