Ethical Hacking Foundation – Part 3
Maltego Tool Demo, Cyber kill chain methodology, Security attack vectors & Phishing techniques
Note: 4.1/5 (115 notes) 51,180 students
Instructor(s): Sai Acuity Institute of Learning Pvt Ltd Enabling Learning Through Insight!
What you will learn
- You will start using Maltego Tool after you go through a demo of the Maltego community edition 4.2.4.
- You will feel confident and comfortable with cyber kill chain methodology
- You will learn how a traditional kill chain model works: recon,weaponize, deliver, exploit, install, c2, actions.
- You will build your capability in information security attack vectors, phishing techniques, whaling and phishing mitigation.
- You will be able to explain on your own the types of ransomwares
- You will learng how crypto ransomware works and will go through a real world example of a ransomware attack on the Bristol Airport Screens.
- You can formulate various mitigation strategies, phishing & firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- You can give insightful talks on zero-day exploit, malware and its types, man in the middle (mitm) attack and can get conversant with web application security.
- You should have completed two previous courses, this course is a continuation of the previous courses: a)Ethical Hacking Foundation – Part 1 b)Ethical Hacking Foundation – Part 2
Students will go through a demo of the maltego community edition 4.2.4, they will gain insights on cyber kill chain methodology and how a traditional kill chain model works: recon, weaponize, deliver, exploit, install, c2, actions.
Students will build their capability in information security attack vectors, phishing techniques, whaling and phishing mitigation. They will understand the types of ransom-wares, how crypto ransomware works, they will go through a real world example of a ransomware attack on the Bristol airport screens.
Students will understand the various mitigation strategies, phishing & firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems. They will gain knowledge on zero-day exploit, malware and its types, man in the middle (mitm) attack and web application security.
Maltego Tool Demo:
Maltego is software used for open-source intelligence and forensics, developed by Paterva from Pretoria, South Africa. Maltego focuses on providing a library of transforms for discovery of data from open sources, and visualizing that information in a graph format, suitable for link analysis and data mining. As of 2019, the team of Maltego Technologies headquartered in Munich, Germany has taken responsibility for all global customer-facing operations.
Cyber kill chain methodology:
The “cyber kill chain” is a sequence of stages required for an attacker to successfully infiltrate a network and exfiltrate data from it. Each stage demonstrates a specific goal along the attacker’s path. Designing your monitoring and response plan around the cyber kill chain model is an effective method because it focuses on how actual attacks happen.
Security attack vectors:
An attack vector is a method or pathway used by a hacker to access or penetrate the target system. Hackers steal information, data and money from people and organizations by investigating known attack vectors and attempting to exploit vulnerabilities to gain access to the desired system. Once a hacker gains access to an organization’s IT infrastructure, they can install a malicious code that allows them to remotely control IT infrastructure, spy on the organization or steal data or other resources.
There are a number of different techniques used to obtain personal information from users. As technology becomes more advanced, the cybercriminals’ techniques being used are also more advanced.
To prevent Internet phishing, users should have knowledge of how the bad guys do this and they should also be aware of anti-phishing techniques to protect themselves from becoming victims.
Who should attend
- Cyber Security Students,IT Security Enthusiasts, Those who are interested in a career in cyber security and ethical hacking domain
- This course is for Beginners and not for advanced audience. Hence the faculty explains each concept in detail and demonstrates with relevant tools where required.
Time remaining or 727 remaining registrations
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|