Excel Dashboards in an Hour
Learn how to create interactive Excel Dashboards in one hour. No special add-ins or tools required, just Excel.
Note: 4.5/5 (13,462 notes) 140,272 students
Instructor(s): Mynda Treacy
Last update: 2017-09-25
What you’ll learn
- Create Interactive Excel Dashboards that will wow your boss and colleagues.
- Be able to build Dashboards that are quick and easy to update, in fact they can update themselves (imagine being able to confidently say that in an interview), at the click of a button if you set them up right (I show you how).
- Know which chart to choose for your data.
- This course is for Excel 2010 onward. It is not suitable for Mac users. Ideally you will be familiar with creating basic charts and PivotTables.
Excel Dashboards are a powerful tool to communicate and summarize complex Excel data. They can be created to summarize important information and are excellent for sharing a “snapshot” view among teams.
In this mini-course I’m going to teach you a handful of the most powerful techniques so you can get some fast results. I’ve taught this course in various forms and the feedback has been incredible. Here are just a few:
“10 minutes in and I feel like I can save hours” – Alex
“I consider myself quite good at Excel, but your mastery of it leaves me in the ashes. The dashboard presentation was dazzling.” – Ben
“Wow! I am so excited to try this myself! Thank you so much for sharing your skills.” – Lyn
Very dense information that in just one hour you represented what I have spent days reading books about this subject. – Khalid
“I’ve been using Excel for over 10 years and I’d like to take the time to say thank you. That was definitely one of the best courses I’ve ever taken.
It was incredibly informative, insightful and taught me a few tips and tricks that will surely aid me in producing automated dashboards. Thank you for sharing the course materials.
Nothing short of excellent! ” – Amanta
You too can master the creation of Interactive Excel Dashboards and learn to build Dashboard Reports from the ground up.
- Design and Display Principles
- Interactive Controls
- Automating your Dashboard so it updates in seconds
Impressive Content that Will Provide Insight, Analysis and Alerts Dashboards are fully interactive and dynamic and can help with project management, customer service, retail management, financial forecasting and much more.
Excel Dashboard students should have access to the PC version of Excel 2010 or later. Students should also be familiar with putting together any type of report in Excel to be able to apply the time saving and visualization techniques taught here. Students should be able to build and apply basic formulas in Excel. Pivot Table and Chart knowledge is helpful, but expertise is not necessary to take this course.
Contents and Overview This course includes 9 lectures and just over 1 hour of content in order to give students a working knowledge of utilizing Excel to create interactive Excel Dashboards to communicate their data.
Included are the Excel Dashboard workbook and PowerPoint presentation from the course which contain notes on where you can find more resources. You can use the workbook to practice what you learn and as a quick reference guide later on.
The course covers advanced features of Excel Dashboards, such as display and visualization principles for clear dashboard creation, using interactive controls to keep the report informative and relevant. Analyzing and automating information for a fully functional and complete dashboard.
Upon completion, students will have a variety of techniques and examples that can be applied to their own datasets, among a host of other tips that can be used in day to day Excel work.
Who this course is for
- This course is ideal for the Excel user that has some experience with charts and PivotTables but is get to put the pieces together to make interactive Excel dashboards and reports.
- Interactive Excel Dashboards in One Hour
- Dashboard Design Tips
- Data Sources
- Building Dashboards Part 1
- Building Dashboards Part 2
- Building Dashboards Part 3
- Interactivity with Slicers
- Dynamic Titles
- Recap Design & Layout
- Automatic Updates
- Course Wrap & Materials
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|