FreePBX Asterisk VoIP PBX Server Administration Step by Step
UPDATED! Learn FreePBX VoIP Server Configurations & Deployment with Course Project Practical Examples & Use Cases.
Note: 4.5/5 (294 notes) 1,645 students
Instructor(s): NEF System
Last update: 2022-06-22
What you’ll learn
- Build the complete VoIP PBX system using open source platform.
- Explore exciting career in Telecom Industry.
- Feel more confident in managing FreePBX Telephony Server.
- Offers Open Source IP Telephony services & solutions to your customers.
- Basic Computer Networking Knowledge.
- Basic Telephony Knowledge but not mandatory as Course covers all basic knowledge.
Do you need a cost-effective phone system for business?
Are you tired of paying the licensing costs to the proprietary phone system?
Do you want to expand your business and require a phone system but legacy systems don’t allow you?
You are interested to learn asterisk but like to avoid the command line and Linux shell at the start?
FreePBX is the world’s most popular and widely adopted open-source IP telephony software. The core VoIP communication is based on Asterisk 18 – The most powerful IP telephony platform. This course is designed for the newbies, small & medium businesses that like to use the IP telephony – PBX or even the solution providers that like to gear up for telephony services to the end-users.
The course starts with initial telephony concepts and terms used in the phone service industry. No prior technical knowledge about telecommunication is required to take this course.
The course has a project depicting a real-world scenario. This helps the students to have activity-based learning and can apply learned knowledge to the real world. The course clearly explained the phone system features with lab practice for configurations.
Proprietary systems invite a license fee for most Business-critical features and UC Features like mobility and third-party integration. To avoid the expensive add-ons go the open source way.
Use a single system to manage multiple tools and platforms, thereby having “greater employee productivity, reduced costs and a means to improve customer engagement.
The course covers the latest release of FreePBX 16.
Who this course is for
- This FreePBX IP telephony course is meant for newbies that needs a phone system in theirs offices or homes. No phone system knowledge or experience is required. The telecom or computer networking professionals that needs to gain knowledge on VoIP and phone system.
- Introduction & Telephony Fundamentals – Module 1
- Course Introduction
- Instructor Message
- FreePBX Components
- SIP – Session Initiation Protocol – Basic Details
- Analog PSTN – FXO FXS Basic Details
- Digital PSTN: T1/E1 Circuits PRI – BRI.
- Telephony Fundamentals
- Network Requirements for the VoIP.
- Key Elements for stable VoIP Network.
- Network Services for VoIP Deployment.
- Course Project – Module 2
- Phone System Requirement Analysis.
- FreePBX Server Specifications – Hardware.
- FreePBX Installation & Initial Setup – Module 3
- ***NEW*** Download & Installation of FreePBX 16.
- ***NEW*** Post Installation FreePBX 16.
- *** Archived***Download FreePBX 14.
- ***Archived*** FreePBX 14 Installation from Distro ISO.
- Post Installation – Login to FPBX GUI & Registering Your FPBX
- Configuring Asterisk SIP Setting in FPBX 14.
- Setting Static IP & Configure DNS in FPBX 14.
- Setting up Email for FPBX Alerts & Notifications.
- Setting the Time Zone.
- Setting a Hard Drive Failure / Fill-Up Notification E-Mail Address
- Module Review & Conclusion.
- Quiz 2
- Setting up FreePBX Phone System – Module 4
- SIP Extensions List for the Phone System.
- Creating PJSIP Extensions in FreePBX 14.
- Download Soft Phone SIP Client – Zoiper & Xlite.
- Configuring Soft Phone SIP Clients – Zoiper & Xlite.
- IP Desk Phones Set up Approach.
- Get Familiar with IP Desk Phones.
- Configuring Desk Phone Yealink T19P.
- Configuring Digium D70 Desk Phone.
- Testing Internal Calls Between SIP Extensions.
- Configuring Polycom IP Phones.
- Configuring DAHDI – PSTN Channel
- Adding Analog FXS Extension.
- Testing Internal Calls Between Analog FXS & SIP Extensions.
- Module Review & Conclusion.
- Quiz 3
- Connecting FreePBX to the Outside World – Module 5
- Available Trunk Types in FreePBX.
- Dial Patterns
- Analog POTS – FXO Trunk – DAHDI
- Outbound Routes – FXO Trunk
- Inbound Routes – FXO Trunk
- T1/E1 Digital ISDN PRI Trunk.
- SIP Trunk
- SIP Trunk – Outbound Route.
- SIP Trunk – Inbound Route.
- Testing SIP Trunk Dialing Between Locations.
- Restricting Dialing Access – Local & Long Distance.
- Module 5 Review & Conclusion.
- Adding Features to FreePBX – Module 6
- Enable Voicemail & Voicemail to Email.
- Follow Me Extension Settings.
- Opening & Closing Business Hours – Time Conditions.
- System Recording & Uploading Audio Prompts
- Creating Audio Announcement.
- Ring Group
- Creating IVR – Interactive Voice Response in FreePBX.
- Putting it all together.
- FreePBX Paging & Intercom
- Call Parking in FreePBX.
- Module 6 Review & Conclusion.
- FreePBX Operation & Maintenance Module 7
- FreePBX Features Codes.
- FreePBX Users & Groups Management
- User Control Panel – UCP
- Activating Call Recording.
- CDR – Call Detail Report & Call Recording.
- CEL Report – Channel Event Logging –
- FreePBX Backup & Restore.
- FreePBX Updates
- Asterisk Info
- FreePBX Common Troubleshooting FAQ & Documentation.
- Final Lecture – Course Conclusion.
- Useful Links & Resources – BONUS LECTURE
- Asterisk and FreePBX Deployment Questionnaire. BONUS LECTURE
Google Project Management [Coursera with Google]
Time remaining or 729 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|