How to Get a Literary Agent For Your Book
Tips For Successfully Pitching Your Book Idea To An Literary Agent
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 263 students
Instructor(s): Scott La Counte
Last update: 2022-07-24
What you’ll learn
- How to find a literary agent
- How to successfully pitch to a literary agent
- Do you need a literary agent
- How to write a book proposal for a literary agent
- Understanding what a literary agent does (and doesn’t) do for you
- Pitfalls to avoid
- No requirements or prerequisites.
Getting a literary agent is not easy. I should know: I’ve had multiple agents over my literary career. I signed my first contract with an agent in 2007, and have worked with several over the years. I’ve traditionally published 4 books and have learned a lot about what it takes to get an agent and sign your first book deal.
If you are considering an agent, this video will walk you through everything that you need know–including if it’s the right path for you!
When should you start your search for an agent
How to find an agent
When should you pitch to an agent
Is an agent right for you
What exactly an agent does (and doesn’t) do
How to write to an agent
What happens after you sign a contract
Putting together a book proposal
What if things don’t work out with the agent
Samples of both a winning query letter and book proposal
And much more!
If you are ready to take the next steps in your writing journey, then this is the course for you! I can’t guarantee that you’ll find an agent after watching this–only a great proposal and book can do that–but it will teach you what you need to know to be successful.
Who this course is for
- Beginning and experience writers who are looking for (or considering) a literary agent to represent them.
- Who am I?
- Do you need an agent?
- Pitching An Agent
- Are you ready for an agent?
- How to find an agent
- Writing a literary agent
- Sample of a successful query letter
- How many agents do you pitch?
- Pause. Reflect. Rewrite. Send Again!
- Working With An Agent
- What to expect when working with an agent
- Writing a winning book proposal
- What if things don’t turn out the way you want?
- Now What?
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|