Internet of Things: MQTT
Mosquitto broker , Amazon Web Services IoT core, ESP32, Raspberry Pi
Note: 5.0/5 (1 notes) 368 students
Instructor(s): Viacheslav Kulakov
Last update: 2022-04-11
What you’ll learn
- You will learn what mqtt is and how it works.
- You will be able to install and configure the mosquito mqtt broker on Windows PC and Raspberry Pi.
- We will write a program for ESP32 that works with mosquito broker.
- You will learn how to work with Amazon Web Services IoT core, most popular mqtt cloud service.
- We will modify the previously written program for ESP32 so that your devices can work with AVS IoT core.
- Arduino (beginner)
- C/C++ (beginner)
In this course, I will look at the main points that allow your devices to exchange messages with each other over the MQTT protocol.
First, I will tell you about the MQTT protocol itself and the basic principles of its operation, I will explain what MQTT broker is. Then we will download and install the most popular MQTT mosquito broker for Windows and learn how to configure it. First we will do it on your machine, and then through the local network. Next, we will write a program for ESP32 that allows you to communicate with mosquitto broker, connect it via WiFi and test how the program works with mosquito broker. After that, we will install the mosquitto under linux on Raspberry Pi and connect ESP32 to it. We will also write a client that works through mosquito API, which you can embed into your programs.
And then we will learn how to work with the most popular cloud service for the Internet of Things Amazon Web Services IoT core. You will learn how to connect your devices to it and create a certificate and a policy for them. Next, we will modify our program for ESP32 so that it can work with the Amazon Web Services IoT Core. Then I’ll show you how you can use one certificate and policy for multiple devices.
Who this course is for
- This course could be suitable for electronics engineers or amateurs interested in the Internet of Things.
- Introduction to MQTT
- Mosquitto broker
- Installation and testing of mosquitto broker on Windows
- Writing ESP32 arduino program to connect it with mosquitto broker
- Adding pub/sub topics and authentification to the ESP32 programm
- Installation the mosquitto broker on Linux Raspberry Pi
- Mosquitto API: writing mosquitto client for Windows
- Amazon Web Services IoT core
- AWS IoT core: creating thing, policy and certificate.
- Connecting ESP32 devices to AWS IoT core
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|