Introduction of Health Psychology
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 177 students
Instructor(s): AbdulSalam Chaudhary
Last update: 2022-04-18
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to Health Psychology
- Psychology & Nervous System
- Stress (What, Why, When, How)
- Illness & Health Psychology
- No Specific Requirements, Suitable for Psychology Students, Welcome to Everyone in General
Health psychology is the study of psychological and behavioural processes in health, illness, and healthcare. It is concerned with understanding how psychological, behavioural, and cultural factors contribute to physical health and illness. Psychological factors can affect health directly. For example, chronically occurring environmental stressors affecting the hypothalamic-pituitary–adrenal axis, cumulatively, can harm health. Behavioural factors can also affect a person’s health. For example, certain behaviours can, over time, harm (smoking or consuming excessive amounts of alcohol) or enhance health (engaging in exercise). Health psychologists take a biopsychosocial approach. In other words, health psychologists understand health to be the product not only of biological processes (e.g., a virus, tumour, etc.) but also of psychological (e.g., thoughts and beliefs), behavioural (e.g., habits), and social processes (e.g., socioeconomic status and ethnicity).
By understanding psychological factors that influence health, and constructively applying that knowledge, health psychologists can improve health by working directly with individual patients or indirectly in large-scale public health programs. In addition, health psychologists can help train other healthcare professionals (e.g., physicians and nurses) to apply the knowledge the discipline has generated, when treating patients. Health psychologists work in a variety of settings: alongside other medical professionals in hospitals and clinics, in public health departments working on large-scale behaviour change and health promotion programs, and in universities and medical schools where they teach and conduct research.
Who this course is for
- Psychology Students + Every Keen Learner
- Sarah is Overweight
- Introduction of Psychologist
- What is Health?
- History of Health Psychology
- What is Well-Being
- Illness Wellness Continum
- 7 Dimensions of Health
- Role of Psychology in Health
- Brief History of Health Psychology
- Emergence of Behavioral Medicine
- Health Psychology in Psychology
- How role of Psychology Emerged?
- Role of Psychological Factors
- Healthy Psychology in Psychology
- Last Section
- Wanna Read Some Practical Content?
- The Art of Becoming a Champion Student (Book)
- Bonus Lecture
- Ending Title
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|