Introduction to Eating Disorders (Fully Accredited)
A Comprehensive Overview
Note: 4.7/5 (108 notes) 816 students
Instructor(s): Kevin O’Doherty
Last update: 2017-09-11
What you’ll learn
- By the end of the course, the student will be able to describe: What are eating disorders, the different yypes of eating disorder, how are eating disorders diagnosed, the pros and cons of diagnosis, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder, treatments and interventions, myths and stereotypes, signs and symptoms, environmental signs, helping organisations.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course. All you need to have is an interest and or a need to learn more about eating disorders.
This course is fully accredited by IAOTH (International Association of Therapists) and a certificate is provided upon completion. This is a comprehensive introduction to eating disorders, that focuses in Anorexia Nervosa, Binge Eating and Bulimia Nervosa. The course is suitable for professionals who may come into contact with client’s who have been diagnosed with an eating disorder. The course is also suitable for families, friends and carers of a person with an eating disorder.
We look at a whole range of topics including what is an eating disorder?, signs and symptoms, epidemiology, risk assessment, pros and cons of diagnosis, treatments and interventions, evidence based approaches, myths and stereotypes.
The style of teaching is relaxed, informal and professional and throughout the course, students are encouraged to think through issues covered and to discuss with friends, colleagues or associates. Students are also encouraged to get in touch with the lecturer with any questions or queries they may have. The lecturer also welcomes students opinion on any of the points discussed throughout the course.
An excellent course for anyone with an interest in the topic, either from a personal or professional perspective. The course is taught by Kevin O’Doherty, Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness and CBT Therapist. Kevin has worked in mental health for over 20 years and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience during that time. This course is also available via live streaming and face to face upon request. Individuals and organisations alike are encouraged to get in touch.
Who this course is for
- People who prehaps work with clients who have eating disorder. People with a family member or frind with an eating disorder and would like to understand the condition better and how to support the person more effectively.
- What is an Eating Disorder?
- Why Do We Eat?
- Myths about Eating Disorders
- More Myths About Eating Disorders
- Signs and Symptoms of Eating Disorder
- Environmental Signs of Eating Disorder
- Anyone Can Experience an eating Disorder
- Men Get Eating Disorders Too
- Myths About Dieting
- Weight Loss and Weight Gain
- About Anorexia Nervosa
- Anorexia Nervosa Images
- How Anorexia Nervosa Affects the Body
- About Bulimia Nervosa
- About Binging Disorder
- Correlates of Binge Eating
- About Purging
- Causes of Eating Disorder Task
- Causes of Eating Disorder Answers
- Body Mass Index Explained
- Exercise: Challenges of Working with Eating Disorder
- Epidemiology and Prevalence of Eating Disorders
- Case Study 1
- Pro’s Of Diagnosing Eating Disorders
- Cons of Diagnosing Eating Disorders
- Major Risk Factors
- Risk Assessment
- When a Client May Need Hospitalisation
- Case Study 2 Exercise
- How Have You Dealt With Challenges
- The Cycle of Anorexia and Bulimia
- Evidence Based Approaches
- Do’s of Recovery
- Dont’s of Recovery
- Treatments and Interventions for Eating Disorder
- Summary and Conclusion
IBM Cybersecurity Analyst [Coursera with IBM]
Time remaining or 531 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|