Introduction to Programming with Python
An easy, quick, step-by-step guide to programming for beginners
Note: 4.7/5 (3 notes) 418 students
Instructor(s): Tilika Kulkarni
Last update: 2022-05-22
What you’ll learn
- Begin learning how to code and immerse yourself into the concepts of coding
- Learn the basics of Python programming
- Be able to write code and programs in Python
- Build a mini calculator with Python programming at the end of the course (you will write your first real program, something to be proud of!)
- At the end, you’ll be more confident in your overall understanding of how programming works
- No prior programming experience or knowledge is needed. You’ll learn everything from the beginning, step-by-step!
- You will need access to a laptop, computer, or tablet of some sort to code on.
Do you have no experience with coding and need a step-by-step course to guide you?
Are you learning Python programming for the first time?
Or do you need to brush-up on your basic knowledge about Python programming?
If so, this course is for you!
Start learning how to code in one of the easiest and most beginner-friendly coding languages, Python. While is Python an easy-to-learn language for beginners, keep in mind that it can get very useful and is used for many advanced-level projects. You will begin learning Python from the very basics, from downloading all the tools you’ll need to learning about variables, strings, conditional statements, operators, loops, and more. You will get to apply the concepts that you learn through small activities and 2 mini projects at the end of the course. You will have a strong foundation and clear understanding of the basics of Python programming.
If you’re exploring what programming is all about, how it works, and whether it’s right for you, this course is perfect for you.
If you’re serious about Python programming, this course can be just the beginning for you. Once you gain a strong foundation you can go on to learn how to do more advanced and some really cool things with Python.
Or, if you want to learn other programming languages, starting with Python will help you understand coding concepts in an easy way, and it will be much easier for you to learn other languages such as Java and C++, as you’ll already be familiar with the basic coding concepts.
Who this course is for
- This is a completely beginner friendly course meant for anyone who has no knowledge about programming and is curious to see what it’s about or learn how to do it. Even if you are serious about learning programming, this is a great way to get started with your skills. It is meant to be an easy, quick, and informative course that is open to everybody, including elementary and high school students curious about coding.
- Getting Started and Set Up
- Installing Python
- Installing Visual Studio Code
- Print Function and Comments
- How to Use the Print Function
- Hello World Activity
- Declaring Variables
- Re-assigning Values
- Activity using variables
- Multiple Assignments
- What is a String?
- Activity introducing strings
- Counting Characters in a String
- Counting Characters Quiz
- Accessing Characters in a String and Slicing
- Slicing Strings Activity
- Concatenating Strings
- Find Method
- Numbers and Operators
- Arithmetic Operators
- Comparison Operators and Booleans
- Logical Operators
- Quiz: Test your Knowledge of Numbers and Operators
- Input Function
- Input Function and Using the Input
- Converting String Input to Numbers
- If…Else Statement
- What is the If…Else Statement?
- If…Else Syntax
- If…Else Activity
- Elif Statement
- The Elif Statement and Syntax
- Elif Statement Activity
- Loops: For Loops
- For Loop and Syntax
- Activity: Looping Through a String
- Activity: Looping with Range
- Calculator Project
- Word Finder Project
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|