Job Costing QuickBooks Online – Contractors
Learn job costing in QuickBooks Online from a practicing CPA
Note: 4.4/5 (42 notes) 22,721 students
Instructor(s): Robert (Bob) Steele
Last update: 2020-03-05
What you’ll learn
- How to set up a job costing system using QuickBooks Online
- How to enter job or project estimates
- How to create jobs or projects
- How to bill for jobs or projects
- How to set up two sided or double sided items
- How to apply materials to jobs or projects
- How to apply direct labor to jobs or projects
- How to apply overhead to jobs or projects
- How to create an invoice from actual costs
- How to create an invoice from an estimate
- None – QuickBooks generally provide a free 30 trial (great tool)
This QuickBooks Online Job Costing course will provide the resources for learners to develop a solid understanding of job costing concepts and the tools QuickBooks provides to create an effective job costing system.
We will discuss the process of setting up QuickBooks for a job costing system.
The course will describe the terminology used by software and by the industry, such as jobs, sub customers, and projects.
Learners will understand how to set up projects and how they function to track costs and revenue per job.
We will cover how to enter bills and allocate costs to jobs using forms such as bill forms and expense forms.
The course will discuss the concept of a double-sided or two-sided items, how to create them, and why they are necessary for job costing.
Learners will know how to apply materials to jobs.
We will discuss how to apply direct labor to a job.
The course will show how to apply overhead to jobs.
Learners will be able to create invoices for the job using either the estimate or the actual billed costs.
Who this course is for
- Business professionals in an industry using job costing
- Accounting professionals who want to learn job costing
- Students who want to apply job costing concepts to accounting software
- 5 Create QuickBooks Online Account
- Documents To Download
- 10 Project Overview
- Set Up Jobs / Projects, Billable Expenses & Items
- 515 Jobs, Sub Customers, Projects
- 516 Settings Billable Expenses
- 518 Add Projects
- 519 1 Add Cost of Goods Sold Accounts
- 519 2 Add Items Products & Services
- Enter Beginning Balances for Jobs & Accounts
- 520 Enter Beginning Balances For Jobs & Accounts Part 2
- 521 Enter Beginning Balances For Jobs & Accounts Part 2
- 523 Enter Beginning Balances Other Accounts
- Applying Raw Materials to Jobs
- 525 Purchase Raw Materials On Account
- 530 Raw Materials Used & Applied to Job
- 531 Raw Materials Used & Applied to Job Part 2
- Applying Direct Labor to Jobs
- 540 Apply Direct Labor Cost to Jobs
- Applying Overhead to Jobs
- 545 Apply Overhead to Jobs
- 546 Apply Overhead to Jobs Part 2
- Completing Job and Creating Invoice
- 550 Record Completion of Job & Invoicing
- Making Job Estimates
- 565 Job Project Estimates
- Theory Practice Problems in Excel
- 120 Excel Problem Tracking WIP
- 135 Excel Problem Tracking COGS
Time remaining or 913 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|