Journalism: Be a Great Talk Show Host
Journalism: You can look comfortable and confident on TV, plus interview guests in a professional manner
Note: 4.2/5 (94 notes) 10,209 students
Instructor(s): TJ Walker
Last update: 2023-01-06
What you’ll learn
- Host a TV or Radio talk show
- Plan a talk show format
- Rehearse talk show hosting skills
- Improve on-air appearance and delivery
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
Journalism. Imagine yourself hosting a talk show and you are coming across as engaging, likable and totally natural. Wouldn’t it be nice to know that you can host any talk show and appear to be confident, relaxed, conversational and able to talk to guests in a meaningful way?
In this How to Be a Talk Show Host Journalism course, you will learn the following:
* The difference between being a good talk show guest versus a good host
* How to look comfortable and confident on TV
* How to appear natural and sound conversational
* How to rehearse using video
*How to be comfortable in the medium of broadcast journalism.
This journalism course is delivered primarily through spoken lectures. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
This Journalism course contains numerous video lectures plus several bonus books for your training library.
TJ Walker has been coaching and training people on their presentation skills for 30 years. Now, through the power of Udemy’s online platform, he is able to give you the same high quality training that he gives in person to CEOs, Fortune 500 executives, and Presidents of countries. Only you can now receive the training at a tiny fraction of the normal fee for in-person training.
How long this course takes is up to you. The longest part of the course involves you speaking on video, critiquing yourself, and doing it over until you like it. But if you get to the point where you love how you look and sound when you present it will be well worth the time spent. And having this skill will save you time for all future media presentations in your life.
You can begin improving your media presentation skills right now. You may have an opportunity to speak out as soon as tomorrow, so why waste another day worried that your media presentation skills are not up to high standards. Enroll in this course today.
There is a 100% Money-Back Guarantee for this journalism course. And the instructor also provides an enhanced guarantee.
TJ Walker has more than 100,000 courses enrollments from more than 14,000 online students around the globe.
“5 Stars! Built my confidence taught me a lot of where to begin and what to expect.” Udemy student Kellie Pemberton
What others say:
“TJ Walker’s single-minded devotion to presentation has made him the #1 expert for executives seeking guidance on speaking to the public and media.” Bob Bowdon, Anchor/Reporter, Bloomberg Television
“TJ Walker is the leading media trainer in the world.” Stu Miller, Viacom News Producer
(TJ Walker’s Media Training Worldwide) “The world’s leading presentation and media training firm.”Gregg Jarrett, Fox News Channel Anchor
Who this course is for
- Anyone who aspires to host a talk show, whether it is on radio, TV or internet
- You Will Become an Excellent Talk Show Host
- Secrets of Talk Show Hosting
- Please Introduce Yourself
- Create a Winning Show for You
- Creating the Best Format for a Show for You
- Learning from Your Role Models
- Solving the Technical Issues
- How to Get to Be a Talk Show Host
- Focus on Guests
- Exciting New Update to this Course
- Good Guest versus Good Host
- Become a Master of the Teleprompter
- Practicing Like A Pro
- 1st Video Practice
- 2nd Video Practice
- 3rd Video Practice
- Regular Schedule and Feedback
- Housekeeping Matters
- 7 Steps For Getting the Most Out of this Course
- Update – You Should Get on the TikTok App Now
- Your Questions Will Be Answered Here
- $10,000 Guarantee This Course Will Make You a Better Communicator
- Your talk Show Hosting Future
- Time to Give TJ a Piece of Your Mind
- Here Is How You Can Get your Certificate of Completion for this Course
- Bonus Lecture
- One Last Chance to Make This Course Better for Your Permanent Learning Library
Time remaining or 268 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|