Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare
Learn how to complete a performance improvement project in the healthcare setting by using Lean Six Sigma methodology.
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 569 students
Instructor(s): Trevor Lawson
Last update: 2022-03-28
What you’ll learn
- How to apply Lean Six Sigma in the healthcare environment.
- How to use the most essential Lean Six Sigma tools for healthcare, while skipping the rest.
- How to complete a project following the DMAIC roadmap, step by step.
- When to do an improvement project, root cause analysis, or implement a solution right away.
- The difference between quality assurance and performance improvement.
- Download project templates and follow along by completing a Lean Six Sigma performance improvement project of your own.
- Prepare for more advanced Lean Six Sigma certifications.
- 20+ PowerPoint templates
- Course material in printable e-book format
- A basic understanding of the healthcare system
Think about the last time that you went to the doctor, or to the hospital. Did you encounter long wait times, mistakes, or other negative experiences? These frustrating experiences with healthcare are not completely random events, but outcomes that have resulted from a process that is often broken. Fortunately, broken processes can be fixed. If you work in healthcare or want to, you’ve probably heard the terms “Performance Improvement”, “Process Improvement”, “Quality Improvement”, and “Lean Six Sigma”. Now is your chance to gain a deeper understanding of how these terms are related, and how you can use structured problem-solving methods to help make healthcare better.
Topics covered in this course include:
Domains of Healthcare Quality
What is Lean Six Sigma?
5 Principles of Lean
8 Wastes of Lean
Six Sigma (6σ)
Defining the Problem with 5W2H
Forming a Team
Voice of The Customer (VOC)
Critical to Quality Tree (CTQ)
Project Status Updates
Current State Process Mapping
Rounding & Gemba Observations
Data Collection Plan
Analyzing the Process
Types of Problem Solving
Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
PDSA and After-Action Review
Mistake Proofing & The Swiss Cheese Model
Set Up Reduction
Huddles And Communication Boards
If you want to learn valuable and practical skills that can immediately be used to help you advance your healthcare career, this course is for you.
Who this course is for
- Anyone who wants to make healthcare work better.
Time remaining or 432 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|