Learn the Mac – macOS Big Sur basics
Are you new to the Mac? Wanting to learn more about the Mac? We’ll teach you the skills to use your Mac like a Pro!
Note: 4.4/5 (61 notes) 1,243 students
Instructor(s): Emilio Aguero
Last update: 2021-01-28
What you’ll learn
- Mac Basics Overview
- Moving from Windows to Mac
- Working with the Mac, Files and Folders
- Looking at Apps and Documents
- Internet Browsing, Emails and Messaging on the Mac
- Learn about Customizing your Mac
- How to master your Mac
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Access to a Mac is preferred, but not essential
Have you just got yourself a Mac or thinking about getting one? Perhaps you have moved from a Windows computer and want to understand the differences. We’ll help you get started, giving you an overview on all things Mac.
In this course we’ll cover
What is a Mac and macOS
Mac basics and how to navigate around a Mac
Differences between Windows and a Mac
How to perform basic functions on a Mac
What are some of the key applications that come bundled on a Mac and how to use them
How to get onto the Internet and setup your Mail
How to customise and change the look and feel of your Mac
How to create multiple user accounts, so that you and your family/friends can enjoy the Mac
Tips on mastering your Mac use
Do I need to be an expert?
No, this course is designed for people who may never have used a Mac before, but will also benefit people who may have been using a Mac for a while.
What software do I need?
We’ll be demoing most features on macOS Big Sur, but if you have an earlier or later version of the macOS that’s fine, features are very similar.
Why this course?
This course will be easy to understand, and is great because it will be hands on. It’s even better if you take this course on your Mac and follow along if you can.
You’ll soon start to see why so many people love Mac’s and why they are so popular.
Of course this is only the beginning of your learning journey, using your Mac more and more will help to learn more and more and will assist you in being more comfortable using your Mac.
Who this course is for
- Anyone wanting to learn more about the Mac
- Microsoft Windows users thinking of switching
- Getting Started
- Introduction to MacOS
- Mac Basics
- Moving around macOS
- Right Clicking on the Mac
- Different File Types
- Taking screenshot on Mac
- Working on your Mac, and using Files and Folders
- The Desktop, Finder, Spotlight
- Copy and Paste Files and Folders
- How to create macOS shortcuts
- Apps and Documents
- Launching, Quiting apps
- Switching between apps, files
- Installing and Removing Apps, Looking at the App Store
- Adding apps to the Dock
- Music, TV, Podcasts
- Calendar, Reminders and Notes
- Siri, Stickies and Preview
- Internet Browsing, Emails and Messaging
- The Internet, Safari and other Browsers
- Using Mail or Outlook
- Using Messages app + other messaging apps
- Customizing your Mac
- Systems Preferences
- Desktop customization
- Wallpapers, Screensavers, Appearance
- Customising Toolbars
- Systems Specs and Info
- Updating your Mac & Apps
- User Accounts – Add and Manage Mac Users
- Customizing the Touch Bar (Macbook Pro only)
- Mastering the Mac
- File Sharing, USB and Network Drives
- Auto Start a Program on the Mac
- Showing file extension on files
- Mac’s and Antivirus
- Closing stuck or frozen apps
- Backing up your Mac with TimeMachine
- Accessing and Changing an IP address
- macOS Final Thoughts
Natural Language Processing [Coursera]
Time remaining or 26 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|