Learn To Code By Making Games in Python
Make complete Mario Games and Space Adventure. Learn Python and create your very own 2D Platformer.
Note: 4.7/5 (52 notes) 10,065 students
Instructor(s): Sachin Kafle
Last update: 2021-10-08
What you’ll learn
- Learn Python, most paid and used programming language of 2021
- Understand the basic and advanced game programming with Python and Pygame
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
- Learn Python by creating two major games: Mario and Adventure Game
- Learn how to make best GUI games with Python
- Mac or PC with any OS (MacOSx, Linux, Windows) running
- No programming experiences required
- Proper internet connection
Have you ever wanted to build a games with a graphical interface but didn’t know how to?
May be you even know how to create tools on a command line but have no idea how to convert it into a graphical interface that people can click on. In this course we will be learning Python GUI Programming + other advanced python modules to build graphical user interfaces (GUI) and games from scratch.
Games You will make throughout course:
Complete Mario Game
Space Adventure (2D platform Game)
We will learn from basics of Python i.e. variables, slicing, string, some module, arithmetic and logical operations, looping, functions, object oriented programming.
After that we will learn the basics and advanced stuff of Game Development with pygame:
A main character with its movement
Collectibles such as coins, extra lives & extra health
Different types of enemies to combat
Dangers such as Spikes, Saws & moving platforms
User Interface with interactive menus
This course is for you if you want to:
– build the skills you need to get your first Python programming jobs/game developer jobs
– learn basic to advance programming paradigm
– get started with some domain of Python such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Cryptography and so on
– Learn as a self taught programmer who want to freelance
…then you need a solid foundation in Python programming. And this course is designed to give you those core skills, fast.
This course is aimed at complete beginners who have never programmed before, as well as existing programmers who want to increase their career options by learning Python.
FAQ’s|| Must Read before Enrolling:
Is Python A Good First Programming Language To Learn?
Even though it has not yet been adopted as a first language by many computer science programs, Python is widely seen by industry experts as a great first programming language when learning to code and its extensive use in SpaceX to automate and handle technologies to launch rockets, Instagram, Google to support their backends and Many companies to support and execute ML and Deep Learning Algorithms; Its undoubtedly No.1 Programming Language to learn.
For starters, the syntax of Python is simpler than that of most other major programming languages, with fewer exceptions and special cases. It also tends to use plain English keywords in place of the system of punctuation that has to be memorized in other languages, making it easier to learn to code. Given these conventions, Python code tends to appear as less of a “jumble” to newcomers than it does in comparable languages.
Another great feature of Python is the ubiquity of its use. While Python is optimized for development on Linux and Unix systems, interpreters are available for just about every major operating system. All implementations of Python are supported by an excellent standard library, which means that new students can very quickly move on to creating actual functional programs that are useful. Additionally, the standard implementation of Python, CPython, is free and open-source.
What Type Of Jobs Are Available To Python Programmers?
In the job market, if you observe the trends; Python is often looked like a strong language to support some primary language that is more broadly used like C or Java. But Lately, with the evolution of ML and Deep Learning Algorithms; it is highly demanded skill to have in 2020 and later. There are a variety of jobs that one can get focusing exclusively on Python development, however. Many of these jobs will be in building and improving the internal tools that a company uses to create its finished marketable products, rather than working on the finished product itself.
One specific economic sector where the presence of Python programming is particularly strong is the geospatial industry. This is a critical industry that deals with navigational tools such as GPS, radar, and light measurements.
If you’re interested in web applications, Python is a better choice for development (working with the back-end or server-side) rather than design (creating the actually finished front-end that site visitors interact with). As mentioned previously, Google employed Python for many components of its search engine, and it is quite widely used in the data mining industry.
Finally, Python can also be used for game development. Some famous examples of games developed either entirely or in large part with Python include EVE Online, Civilization IV, the Battlefield game series, and the Mount & Blade games. The popular development environment Blender is written in Python.
Ready to get started, My PYTHON PROGRAMMER Friend?
Enroll now using the “Add to Cart” button on the right, and get started on your way to creative, advanced Python brilliance. Or, take this course for a free spin using the preview feature, so you know you’re 100% certain this course is for you.
See you in the class!
Just give it a try, you won’t regret!!
Who this course is for
- Anyone who wants to develop games but doesn’t have any programming skills
- Anyone who wants to learn Python Programming by making games
- Anyone who wants to make their own 2D game.
- People interested in working in the game design industy.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to game development.
- Introduction to the course
- Getting Started
- What is Python?
- Download Python on your machine
- Download Visual Studio Code (Must for this course)
- Note for the course!
- How to get most out of this course?
- Quiz Before Learning Python: Check your programming background
- Before Learning Python
- Research about Python before learning about Python
- Data types in Python
- Introduction to the data types
- Basic Arithmetic in Python
- Operations on Numbers
- Introduction to Strings in Python
- Access elements of String
- Strings methods
- More strings methods
- Formatting strings
- Quiz on Data Types
- Assignment on Data Types
- Coding Assignment
- Variables in Python
- Introduction to the variables
- Create Variables in Python
- Proper way to name a variable
- Quiz on Variables
- Learn Boolean for Game Development
- Introduction to Booleans in Python
- Booleans as numeric
- Learn to create conditions
- Order comparisons
- Code examples for Order Comparisons
- “is” operator in Python
- Logical statements
- Quiz on Booleans statements
- Conditionals for Game Making
- Introduction to conditional statements
- if else statements
- Data structures for Game development
- Introduction to Data Structures
- Checking type of Data Structures
- How to access the items from the list?
- Learn list built-in methods
- List built-in methods continued!
- Learn Loops for making games
- Introduction to the loops in Python
- Infinite while loop (Game Loop)
- Finite Game Loop
- For loop
- Important: List Comprehension for Game Development
- Learn Functions to make Games
- What is Function and Why we need it?
- Learn to create Functions?
- Learn about return statements
- Learn about default arguments in Python
- Object Oriented Programming in Python
- Introduction to the section
- What is Object Oriented Programming?
- Class and Objects
- Class and Objects Continued
- Constructor in Python
- What is Inheritance?
- Multiple Inheritance
- Assignment on OOP
- Pygame Fundamentals — Python Game Module
- Introduction to the pygame
- Pygame coordinate System
- Introduction to Pygame shape
- Draw shapes using Pygame
- Color Picker
- Fundamentals of Pygame — skeleton code
- Pygame fundamentals
- Render a rectangle in the Screen
- Movement of the shapes
- Smoothen the movement using FPS
- Make movement within Boundary
- Handling collision between Game Objects
- Theory of Game Collision
- Implement Collision Detection
- Quiz on Collisions Detection
- Practice on gaming fundamentals
- Practice on gaming fundamentals
- Resources for the Project 1
- Project 1: Create 2D platform Games (Fundamentals of Platformer)
- Introduction to the Sprites
- Render a Character
- Animation for the player
- Animation for the player continued
- Make Player move in left direction
- Make Player Jump
- Landing Player after Jump
- Simple Gravity
- Introduction to the Tiled Map Editor
- Add properties to the Sprites
- Create Map for Game
- Render a Map
- Render a Map continued
- Change the initial position of Player
- Make Player Move
- Interact with the Environment/Maps
- Get Tiles Properties
- Make Player Fall
- Player should not pass through Solid things
- Points and Health
- Collect a coin
- Make Coin disappear after Player collects it
- Game Ends when health of Player is zero or less
- Add sound effects to the Game
- Render only one layer
- Collect items
- Theory on “How to open the door”
- Open a Door
- Create Mario Game
- Import the resources
- Skeleton code for the game
- Skeleton code for the game continued
- Render the sky background
- Creating the camera Module
- Creating BGObjects–class for background object
- Update BGObjects
- Add Background Objects
- Render Background Objects
- Platform Basics
- Update Platform
- Shaking Bricks from Platform
- Render the platform
- Render the Bricks
- Defining Player class and its attribute
- Loading mario Images in the game
- Setting image of Mario
- Render the image
- Calling Player class object from Map class
- Updating the image of Mario
- Player Physics
- Calling update from the Map
- Get blocks for collisions
- Move Camera with the Player
- Not letting pass through blocks
- Proper leg movement and Jumping
- Making movement of leg stable
- Create Tube class
- Create method to spawn tubes
- Render the tubes
- See you!
Time remaining or 727 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|