Learn to Teach Math with Dance Introductory Mini-Course
Arts Integration Ideas for the Classroom
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 610 students
Instructor(s): Miranda Abbott
Last update: 2022-08-04
What you’ll learn
- Learn new ways to teach curriculum
- Explore how dance can be used to teach mathematics
- Understand the basic about how math and dance connect
- Discover how to revitalize your classroom with movement
- No prior experience needed, this course is for exploring math and dance.
For over 20 years I’ve taught mathematics with dance. Initially, I traveled from school to school working with teachers therefore, I’m so please that there are more ways to share my ideas today. Offering courses online has brought me a lot of joy and allowed me to share what I do with more people.
The purpose of this mini-course is to introduce you to the concept of teaching mathematics through dance. I have two books each with over a hundred pages of material, so I don’t have enough time on this course platform to show you all of it. Instead, I’m hoping this 6-video course will get you started. The goal is to show you how easy it can be to use dance in your classroom, how I explore mathematical themes, and how I use mathematics to inspire choreography. If you’d like to know more please message me or visit my website.
My program Dance Equations does not follow any specific grade level or curriculum, instead, it’s meant as a supplemental teaching program to inspire you to teach your own curriculum in a new way. You can choose how much dance you’d like to use or introduce to your students. However, dance is so much fun to use in the classroom, just move the desks and get moving, and there is no need for a lot of prep. Lessons can become large projects or can be a fun way to fill up a few extra minutes of class time.
Through Dance Equations, I give you everything you need to teach a dance class and clearly outline many ways in which dance can be used to teach mathematics. I truly believe the possibilities are endless. You as the math teacher are certain to come up with your own. My Dance Equations project has inspired many teachers.
Who this course is for
- This course has been developed for school teachers or in-home educators who would like to use dance to teach curriculum, more specifically the mathematics..
- Teach Math Dance, Mini-Course Introduction Episode 1.2
- Teach Math Dance, Mini-Course Episode 1.3
- Teach Math Dance, Mini-Course Episode 2
- Teach Math Dance, Mini-Course Episode 3
- Teach Math Dance, Mini-Course Episode 4
- Teach Math Dance, Mini-Course Episode 5
Time remaining or 390 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|