MOSFET Crash Course
Learn the core concepts of Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors and how to build circuits with them
Note: 3.9/5 (54 notes) 8,705 students
Instructor(s): Sujithkumar MA
Last update: 2021-06-20
What you’ll learn
- CMOS Logic Family
- Analog and Digital Circuit Design using MOSFETs
- Yes, A basic knowledge in electrical circuits is preferred
Hey there! Welcome to my ‘MOSFET Crash course’. In this course, The core concepts of MOSFETs like their construction, working and applications will be dealt.
After studying this course, you’ll be able to
1. Design logic circuits using CMOS Logic.
2. Design a MOSFET Amplifier using any one of the three combinations (CS, CG, CD)
3. Use MOSFETs as electronic switches.
4. Understand the difference between BJT and FET
5. Understand the different types of FET and MOSFET
6. Know the formation of different logic gates using PMOS and NMOS.
7. Know how to use TinkerCAD, A circuit simulation tool.
8. Use MOSFET to control electronic components like LEDs
9. Understand the terminologies like Power Consumption, Fan In, Transconductance etc.
MOSFETS are widely used in industries. Some of the major applications of MOSFETS are:
1. MOSFET is used for switching and amplifying electronics signals in the electronic devices.
2. It is used as an inverter.
3. It can be used in digital circuits.
4. MOSFET can be used as a high frequency amplifier.
5. It can be used as a passive element e.g. resistor, capacitor and inductor.
6. It can be used in brushless DC motor drive.
7. It can be used in electronic DC relay.
8. It is used in switch mode power supply (SMPS).
Who this course is for
- Beginner Electronics, CS and Electrical Aspirants
- A Review on the concepts and types of Transistors
- 1. Review on basic electronic components
- 2. Transistors – Working, Applications
- 3. Comparison between FET and BJT, Amplifier Characteristic
- 4. Types of Field Effect Transistor
- Analysis of Depletion type MOSFETS
- 5.Construction and Working of N-Channel Depletion type MOSFET
- 6. The influence of gate voltage
- 7. Output Characteristics curve of a N-Channel Depletion type MOSFET
- 8. Transfer Characteristics curve of a N-Channel Depletion type MOSFET
- Analysis of NMOS and PMOS
- 9. Construction and Working of NMOS
- 10. Transfer Characteristics curve of a NMOS
- 11. Regions of Operation of NMOS and PMOS
- 12. Symbols of PMOS and NMOS
- 13. Device Equations of a MOSFET
- 14. Circuit Equations of a MOSFET
- MOSFET Amplifiers
- 15. Using MOSFET as an amplifier
- 16. Small signal models of a NMOS
- 17. Analysis of Common Source and Common Gate Amplifiers
- 18. Importance of Voltage followers and Common Drain Amplifier
- CMOS Logic Families
- 19. Features of CMOS Technology
- 20. Electronic switching circuits and CMOS Inverter
- 21. Implementing Universal Gates using CMOS Logic
- Hands on Example using a Simulation Tool!
- 22. Example – Blinking of an LED using NMOS
- 23. Simulation of Blinking of an LED using NMOS
Time remaining or 857 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|