New illustration Painting – Digital Photoshop Drawing Course
Learn how to use Photoshop drawing different illustration for beginners with traditional and modern elements involved.
Note: 4.5/5 (58 notes) 12,138 students
Instructor(s): yingtuma illustration studio
Last update: 2022-04-27
What you’ll learn
- The basic Photoshop operations for digital drawing
- The basic art theory of Chinese traditional style illustration
- How to create a Chinese traditional style illustration (small one and complete one)
- How to create a Chinese traditional style illustration by Christmas theme
- A computer with Photoshop
- Wacom drawing tablet or other equivalent equipment
- Work hard and practice
In 2021, about 40,000 students have learned this ‘Guochao’ illustration course in China. Just come and join them to see what you can create.
What is ‘Guochao’ illustration style?
There are many kinds of Chinese style illustration, ‘Guochao’ is one of them. ‘Guochao’ means based on the Chinese traditional culture background, adding some modern fashion elements. It is also the illustration style mainly introduced in this course.
This course has 4 parts (total 11 lessons) with downloadable resources.
Part 1: The Foundation of ‘Guochao’ Illustration.
Starting from the basics of photoshop, then Chinese traditional elements, color theory and others needed for painting to gradually help you master the foundation of ‘Guochao’ illustrations. After those basic courses, you will be well prepared for the the next part and can easily deal with various difficulties.
Part 2: A Simple ‘Guochao’ Illustration Creation
Under my guidance, you will create a ‘Guochao’ painting with Adobe Photoshop through some simple elements like fish lantern(not the lanternfish), which has over 600-year history in China. By this way, you will get more familiar with ‘Guochao’ illustration and know how to utilize different combinations of characters, animals and plants.
Part 3: A Complete ‘Guochao’ Illustration Creation
In this section, I will lead you to create a complete digital painting of Mid-Atumn Festival by using a great deal of complicated elements. After this part, you may try creating your own paintings by any other themes and elements. Looking forward to your unique design.
Part 4: Create a ‘Guochao’ Illustration by Christmas Theme
In this part, I will show you how to create a ‘Guochao’ digital painting by Christmas theme. It is really amazing and deserve sharing with your family and friends. After this part, you will be more familiar with this kind of style, try to create more paintings and to be brave to discover what you like then draw. Do not limit your imagination!
I will use Adobe Photoshop in the whole course, if you don’t use Adobe Photoshop, iPad Procreate or Artstudio is a good choice, so don’t worry about the tool.
Any questions, suggestions or advices are welcomed.
Who this course is for
- Anyone who wants to enter the illustrations industry
- Anyone who wants to try a brand-new style of illusrations
- Anyone who is interested in Chinese culture and nature elements presented by painting
- Part 1: Core Courses for Chinese Guochao Illustration
- Basic Photoshop operations for digital painting
- Chinese traditional elements and demos
- Color matching and demos
- part2 ：A Simple Guochao Illustration Creation
- Chinese traditional accessories painting
- Sketching a small Chinese traditional scene
- Coloring the small Chinese traditional scene
- part3：A Complete Guochao Illustration Creation
- Sketching a complete scene for Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival
- Coloring the complete scene for Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival
- Detailing the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival illustration
- part4：Create a Guochao Illustration by Christmas theme
- Sketching a Christmas scene
- Coloring the Christmas scene
Natural Language Processing [Coursera]
Time remaining or 992 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|