Personal Finance 101 for Busy Moms
A Step-by-Step Process to Master Your Finances & Teach Your Kids Healthy Money Habits & Beliefs
Note: 5.0/5 (1 notes) 1,220 students
Instructor(s): Kara Yokley
Last update: 2022-06-17
What you’ll learn
- A crash course in all the confusing finance terms you may have been scared to ask about
- How to root out any disempowering money beliefs you didn’t even know you had
- Why it’s hard to reach financial security until you get your mindset fixed
- Why every parent, not just the rich, needs a Legacy Plan and how to build one on the cheap
- The simple action you can take now to have your children retire as millionaires
- How to get your kids into an entrepreneurial mindset early
- The mechanics of building and protecting your child’s credit from the day they are born
- No prior finance knowledge needed. Just a willingness to examine your thoughts and beliefs around finances and money.
Personal Finance Isn’t Just About the Numbers, But About the Psychology Behind the Numbers
You can read all the books in the world, take all the classes, and know all the “right” things to do. But if your mindset is standing in your way, all that knowledge won’t help.
Sometimes it’s hard to even know when your mindset might be a problem.
When it comes to making better decisions for yourself and your family, it can be so hard to get on track and stay on track. Trust me, I know.
But after spending more than 15 years learning and researching about personal finance, I realized that most people overcomplicate things and then get stuck.
The TRUTH is… You Only Need a Few Elements for Real, LASTING Change
Finances don’t have to be complicated.
There are just a handful of things you need to focus on… and once you have those handled, your entire financial life will snap into focus and everything becomes a lot easier, more peaceful, and more fun.
But you have to address both the financial and psychological aspects of the puzzle.
That’s why this course focuses on giving you a rock solid foundation to achieve financial security for you and your family. We’ll talk about:
How to root out any disempowering money beliefs you didn’t even know you had
Why you’ll never reach financial security until you get your mindset fixed
Why every parent, not just the rich, needs a Legacy Plan and how to build one on the cheap
The simple action you can take now to have your children retire as millionaires
There are even a whole host of bonus lessons where you will learn:
The tax hack that can supercharge your path to financial security, if you and your family are adventurous
How a side hustle can lead to over $500K in new income over three years
10 specific side hustles you can start today
How to get your kids into an entrepreneurial mindset early
Why it makes good business sense to hire your own kids
The mechanics of building and protecting your child’s credit from the day they are born
Who this course is for
- Busy moms who want to take control of their financial destiny and get their families on the path to long-term financial security
- Smart and Money Smart Aren’t the Same Thing
- Welcome to Destined to Prosper
- Personal Finance Can Be Fun?!
- What They Don’t Tell You in School
- The Journey Starts Today
- The Power of Small Habits… IF you have the right mindset
- The View from 30,000 FT
- Wrap-Up: What You’ve Learned So Far
- Whipping Your Mindset Into Shape
- Words Matter
- Evicting Your Money Mindset Gremlins
- Reaching Your Family’s Personal Finance Goals the Easy Way
- When Partners Clash: Misaligned Habits & Mindsets
- Avoiding Money Traps and Fads
- Kicking the Gremlins to the Curb
- Building a Family Legacy Plan
- Legacy and Estate Planning: It’s Not Just for the Rich
- Thinking about Your Financial Future
- The Keys to Building Your Legacy Plan
- Values & Parenting: a Deep Dive
- Having the Right Team
- The Lifestyle Equation
- The Lifestyle Equation: Balanced, with a Long-Term Perspective
- Net New Dollars: Your Ticket to FUN
- Money May Not Be Everything, but It Sure Buys A Lot
- Debt: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Education and Other Activities: Essential Spending or Investment?
- Would You Trade Your Money for More Time?
- Why Experiences Can Be the Best Kind of Investment
- Wrap-up: Your Personal Finance Map
- Be Your Own Safety Net
- Pay Yourself First
- Family Budgeting
- Your Personal & Financial Accounts
- Insurance: An Investment in Your Peace of Mind
- No Fear Taxes
- An Investing Primer
- Yes, Your Kids Can and Should Have Their Own Accounts
- Let’s Wrap It Up with Net Worth
- Money with the Kiddos
- Introducing Money Concepts to Your Kids
- Money Talk by the Ages
- Every Day Finance Fun
- Games, Mock Investing, and More
- How to Talk to Your Kids about Their Future
- Thinking of Careers with Your Kids
- Investing Together as a Family
- Make Financial Learning FUN with Field Trips
- Happily Ever After
- Extra Lessons
- A Tax Hack for the Adventurous
- How a Side Hustle Can Lead to Big Bucks
- Shark Tank: Kiddie Edition
- Yes, You Can Hire Your Kids. But Should You?
- Protecting and Building Your Child’s Credit
- What To Do When You Don’t Have Net-New-Dollars
- How To Resist Temptation
- Every Day Side Hustles
Time remaining or 81 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|