Poetry and music appreciation: refine your taste in music
Poetry and music appreciation – find the beauty in music that sets your soul aflutter
Note: 4.4/5 (7 notes) 2,704 students
Instructor(s): Alex Genadinik
Last update: 2022-07-09
What you’ll learn
- Learn to read and understand poetry and music lyrics
- Understand how imagery in poetry and music affects your brain
- See examples of music in different genres
- Refine your musical taste
- Enrich each of your days by selecting music that lifts you up
- Start a life journey of poetry appreciation
- An open mind
Listen to music that lets your soul flourish and sets it aflutter.
We come across music every day: in our cars, gyms, and our leisure. The music we listen to has lyrics, and those lyrics create imagery inside us, and that imagery and ideas live inside us.
It’s up to use which music, imagery, and ideas we consume because it affects our quality of life. In fact, music is a tool to enrich your life and improve your quality of life.
In this course, you’ll learn how to read into music lyrics and decipher whether the lyrics are well-written or not. You’ll also grow your taste for quality in music and art.
After all, the music you listen to affects your soul. Don’t allow commercial, corporate-made music erode your soul. Only feed your soul beautiful music that sets your soul aflutter.
RESPONSIVE AND CARING INSTRUCTOR: WORLD-CLASS STUDENT SUPPORT
If you have questions, know that I am here to help! I answer 99% of student questions within 24 hours. Many students tell me that other instructors don’t respond. Well, I do because
1) I care about my students.
2) I feel a responsibility to make sure that students get their money’s worth from the course.
Invest in your future. Enroll now.
Who this course is for
- People who want to enrich their lives
- Welcome and introduction
- Hello and welcome
- Introduction to imagery
- Good for a specific audience
- Imagery that’s transmitted, grabs attention and creates an emotional connection
- “Slice of life” and “Art is not what but how”
- Let’s look at lyrics
- Best single rap line – let me know if you like another better
- Bob Dylan – Mr. Tambourine Man
- Neil Young’s Heart of Gold
- Playlist of songs with meaningful poetry
- Critique of writing in popular genres like Country or R&B music
- Bonus lecture
Time remaining or 943 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|