Probability for Machine Learning
Probability refresher for machine learning.
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 700 students
Instructor(s): Krunal Patel
Last update: 2022-09-16
What you’ll learn
- Refresh probability fundamentals.
- Use conditional probability and Bayes’ rule in machine learning
- Use random variables in machine learning
- Use probability distribution functions in machine learning
- Manipulate multiple and interdependent random variables
- Understand law of large numbers
- Recall the most frequently used probability distribution functions in machine learning
- Basic knowledge of probability
- Basic real analysis (integration)
Probability is usually a prerequisite of machine learning. However, one doesn’t need to know all the concepts in probability.
In this course, I have compiled together all the important probability concepts that are most frequently used in machine learning. This is the content I taught at Polytechnique Montreal as a refresher on probability for machine learning. Understanding these concepts will help you navigate through an introductory course in machine learning.
This course is for you if
– You have learned probability a long time ago
– You want to refresh the essential topics in probability to get started with your journey in machine learning.
This course is not for you if
– You want to learn probability from scratch.
– You want to master all the concepts in probability.
Please note that I do not cover all the topics in probability. I only cover the topics that are most frequently used in the machine learning textbook. If you want to learn probability from scratch or master all the concepts, this course is not for you.
In this course, we cover the following topics
Conditional probability and Bayes’ rule
Expectation and Variance
Multiple random variables
Law of large numbers
Some important distribution functions
Who this course is for
- Students who want to start their journey in machine learning and want to refresh the probability topics needed for that.
- Assignment 1
- Conditional probability and Bayes’ rule
- Assignment 2
- Random variables
- Random variables
- Expectation and Variance
- Assignment 3
- Multiple random variables
- Assignment 4
- Other good to know stuff
- Law of large numbers
- Some important distribution functions
- bonus goodies
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|