Public Relations: Media Crisis Communications
Public Relations: You Can Shape and Control Your Media Messages at The Worst Possible Times
Note: 4.6/5 (1,759 notes) 44,429 students
Instructor(s): TJ Walker
Last update: 2023-01-06
What you’ll learn
- Being able to Manage Crisis Communications
- Know how to appear Confident on Camera
- Prepare Messages
- Speak in Sound Bites
- Handle tough questions
- Delivering bad news to customers
- Selling with stories
- Communicating to drive change
- Speaking under pressure
- Communicate well in crisis
- Video Camera (cell phone or webcam will work)
- A Desire to become a better communicator
- A willingness to speak in stressful situations
Public Relations during a time of crisis. Imagine that a crisis hits your organization and that you come out on top in the media. You initiate proactively to the media. You have a clear and easy-to-understand the message. And you get the exact quotes you want in the final stories.
You didn’t pick or plan the Public Relations crisis, but you are ready to communicate effectively.
Your reputation doesn’t just remain intact; your reputation has improved!
You will learn how to prepare and deliver messages to the media in a time of a Public Relations crisis. How to plan for press conferences, media statements, messages, and sound bites will be covered. Why it is essential to prepare for a crisis before you know when or what the crisis will be. Crisis communications Public Relations requires a plan that covers every aspect of message development, rehearsal, and media management. This course is ideal for CEOs, PR managers, crisis managers, and anyone who is responsible for the reputation of an organization.
What will students achieve or be able to do after taking this Public Relations course?
*Be able to Manage Crisis Communications
*Know how to appear Confident on the Camera
*Speak in Sound Bites
*Handle tough questions
What do Udemy students say about this Public Relations course?
“5 Stars! Covered all the essential elements necessary to handle crisis communications with brevity and clarity. I especially liked the Bonus materials and of course, the video. Referring to one major case study to get the points across is very effective. The only reason I did not give this a 5-star rating is because I believe this course will be more helpful if there were video transcripts or if each video lesson can be downloaded and saved for later reference or review. Thank you.” Helga Melgar
“5 Stars! This course is an excellent introduction to how crisis communications works and TJ gives tips on how a company can best preserve its image and reputation should it go through a crisis. I would recommend this course to others.” Margaret Lovell
“5 Stars! I’ve learned from TJ for a number of years and he absolutely knows what it takes to work with the media and win!” Janet Vasil
“5 Stars! The instructor gave very clear and practical advice. He made me come to love Crisis Communications even more!” Abi-Gail Johnson
“5 Stars! Someone once said advice is only as good as the amount you pay for it… this course disproves this. This clear unambiguous advice given is priceless. The BP breakdown was excellent, in short, if you’re in a position where you need to understand crisis management, this is the course to start with. The bonus materials are really good as well.” Alan Miller
There is a 100% Money-Back Guarantee for this Public Relations course. And the instructor also provides an enhanced guarantee.
This course also helps students learn about the following topics: Delivering bad news to customers and the media, big picture thinking – thinking like a CEO, and how to be seen in the media as a purpose-driven leader and a vigilant leader.
Enroll in this public relations course today!
Who this course is for
- Business owners
- Political leaders
- PR executives
- risk managers
- crisis managers
- Investor relations executives
- Purpose driven leaders
- Vigilant leaders
- Spokespersons delivering bad news to customers and the media
- Product managers
- You Can Handle a Media Crisis and Come Out Ahead
- This Crisis Will Make You Stronger – Public Relations
- Creating Your Winning Message
- Please Introduce Yourself
- Let the Whole World Know – Distributing Your Message
- Exciting New Update to this Course
- The Biggest Crisis Blunders to Avoid – Public Relations
- The Real Secret to Being Prepared for a Crisis: Practice on Video
- Time to Give TJ a Piece of Your Mind
- Final Public Relations Tips
- Student Questions Answered Here for Public Relations: Media Crisis Communication
- How to Rehearse
- How to nudge executives to prepare for crisis media interviews
- How does the spokesperson connect with human sentiment during a media crisis
- How to Avoid using Jargon During a Crisis Media Interview
- How would you handle a public health crisis (such as the pandemic)
- How do you communicate to an angry person / media in a situation of crisis
- Housekeeping Matters
- Who is TJ Walker?
- 7 Steps For Getting the Most Out of this Course
- Your Questions Will Be Answered Here
- Update – You Should Get on the TikTok App Now
- One Last Chance to Make This Course Better for Your Permanent Learning Library
- Course Update
- Update to Public Relations: Media Crisis Communications
- Extra Videos
- If You Like to Learn by Reading
- The Epic Disasters of BP
- Here Is How You Can Get your Certificate of Completion for this Course
- Bonus Lecture
Time remaining or 630 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|