Python for Cybersecurity
Python without all of the extra hogwash
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 946 students
Instructor(s): Lloyd Ramsey
Last update: None
What you’ll learn
- Use Visual Studio Code with proficiency
- Create and run python files
- Create interactive python programs
- Use condition statements in python
- Use loops in python
- Write functions in python
- Understand Lists and Dictionaries in python
- Handle errors properly in python
- Write python programs that make API calls
- No programming OR cybersecurity knowledge is required.
In this course, I will take a different approach to teaching Python. One that teaches error handling and interactivity from the first Python script. This is specifically catered to anyone who is interested in or is learning cybersecurity, especially if you are scared of coding! A good number of software vulnerabilities have “input validation and error handling” as mitigation and by the time you are done with my course, you will fully understand what that means.
I also have another course called “Cybersecurity Prep Course for Absolute Beginners” so please do check that out if you are trying to get into cybersecurity as well.
Why do I take this approach to teach Python? One thing is that unless a program is interactive it is boring. Another thing is that most applications, especially ones that are attacked, are interactive. User input is one of the most popular ways to exploit a program. You will learn exactly why that is.
You may have also heard of an API. You will learn exactly what this is and we will be using Python to interact with it. This will allow you to understand the security concepts behind this. This is vital given that most web applications use at least one third-party API for things like handling payments, sending text messages or emails, etc.
Who this course is for
- Those interested in python and cybersecurity. Those working in cybersecurity and would like to learn how to program. Cybersecurity students that do not have python in your curriculum.
- Environment Setup
- Installing Python
- Installing VS Code and Extensions
- The Fundamentals
- Running Your Python Files (Hello World)
- Input Input Input!!!
- f Strings
- Insurance Company
- If Statements
- Error Handling Part 1
- While Loop
- For Loop
- Guessing Game
- Object Oriented Programming
- Everything is an Object
- Creating Our First Object
- Importing Packages
- Custom Package
- Let’s Make API Requests
- What IS an API?
- Requests Package
- JSON Package
- Consuming an API – Simple
- Consuming an API – Complex
- Goodbye For Now!
- On your own
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|