Root Cause Analysis: 5 Whys Diagram
Learn how to deploy this crucial root cause tool
Note: 4.5/5 (115 notes) 3,863 students
Instructor(s): Robert Chapman
Last update: 2022-11-01
What you’ll learn
- Root Cause Analysis
- Cause & Effect
- 5 Whys
- Process Improvement
- Error reduction
- Business Improvement
The 5 Whys Diagram is one of the most important root cause analysis tools there is. Understanding its purpose and knowing how and when to deploy it is a skill highly in demand in today’s market. Whether you are an employee, manager or business owner, having the ability to identify a problem, discover its root cause and act to fix it quickly is crucial. The deployment of this tool can lead to large scale error reduction, process improvement and even financial savings.
By choosing to take this course you will learn the following:
– What is root cause analysis?
– What are the fundamentals of the 5 Whys Diagram (purpose, importance)?
– A breakdown of the categories, history of and when to use the tool.
– How to build and deploy this diagram.
– LIVE demonstrations of the diagram in action.
– Hints and tips on how to maximise chances of success.
Being one of the central root cause tools in the Lean Six Sigma methodology, this tool has been deployed in all industries, companies large and small and by individuals with a range of qualifications – all to great success. If you need to find a way to reduce errors, save money and potentially improve your customer / colleague experience, the 5 Whys Diagram is the right tool to invest your time in, today!
Who this course is for
- Business Professionals
- Business Improvement Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Project Managers
- Organisational Leaders
- Process Owners
- What is the purpose of this course?
- Fundamentals of 5 Whys
- What is root cause analysis?
- What is a 5 Whys Diagram?
- The purpose of a 5 Whys Diagram
- Section quiz
- 5 Whys: Explained
- Introduction to the tool
- History of the tool
- When to use the tool
- How to use the final step
- Section quiz
- The process to build a 5 Whys Diagram
- Demonstration 1
- Demonstration 2
- Demonstration 3
- Close out
- Advice and tips for success
- Review of key learnings
- Thank you
- Try out the tool!
Time remaining or 472 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|