Security Operations Center – SOC with Splunk and FortiSIEM
2022 Q1 Updated! Become an Analyst in a SOC Team post completing this course!
Note: 4.2/5 (626 notes) 10,247 students
Instructor(s): Sai Acuity Institute of Learning Pvt Ltd Enabling Learning Through Insight!
What you will learn
- This course will help build your technical competence so that you can start a career as an analyst in a Security Operations Center team
- You will go through an introduction of what a security operations center is, branches within cyber security and the various job roles available
- You will understand network concepts, network topologies and layered communication in this course
- You can formulate various mitigation strategies, phishing & firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- You will learn OSI Model, various mnemonics, protocol data units etc, will go through the various layers in detail with real time examples and caselets
- You will build your capability in information security attack vectors, phishing techniques, whaling and phishing mitigation.
- You will identify threats, possible breaches & collect audit logs for security and compliance. You will be able to conduct investigations and provide evidence.
- You should have a drive towards a career in security operations center
The aim of this course is to prepare you to give a successful interview with a Cybersecurity firm for the position of Analyst in a SOC team. To fulfill this aim we ensured to build a curriculum that enhances your technical capability right from the basics. In the first few sections, we deal with the foundations and fundamentals of IT security, networking, SOC, SIEM, Splunk, and FortiSIEM.
We briefly describe who this course is meant for – the target audience and we define what SOC is: the Security Operations center, what it does and can do and how it is relevant.
We cover why SOC is relevant and how it is an advantage to pursue a career in cybersecurity given the lack of quality resources available. We also share how we treat this subject for a newbie, how we teach from the fundamentals so that anyone can pick up the concepts and slowly build competence.
We cover the below curriculum that we have designed for you:
1) Importance of learning SOC
2) What curriculum is covered?
3) Security Triad: Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability
4) Computer Network, Topologies
5) Network Footprinting
6) Network Concepts Refresher, OSI, TCPIP Protocol Suite
7) Cyber Security Attacks, Ethical Hacking, DoS, DDoS, SYN Flooding, Metasploit
8) Maltego, Cyber Killchain methodology, Information security vectors, Ransomware
9) SIEM: Security Information and Event Management
10) Enterprise Splunk
11) Fortinet’s FortiSIEM
12) Incidence Response, Email system, Virus, and Vulnerability Management
Post completion, you will be confident enough to give an interview and crack it too!
We will keep adding more sessions throughout to ensure the content is relevant and with the highest of quality.
Who this course is for:
– This course is for Beginners and not for an advanced audience. Hence the faculty explains each concept in detail and demonstrates with relevant tools where required.
– Those who are interested in a career in a security operations center
Best soc course with good price ~ A Reddy
The course provided me with a sense of direction. The content of the course is really good. I learned a lot and I’m glad I took it. I started from a near zero base knowledge level ~ Charles Z
He is Exceptional not only in training but as a giude he helps me a lot when i mostly needed ~ K Bairi
The course was an in-depth explanation and it was a great online learning experience ~ Roshni K
More of an interactive teaching method. Helps me learn better by having asking me questions based on my own questions to help me along ~ Blakely W
Great Course. I love the way it is designed, delivered. I learned a lot. The most imporatnt part is that I enjoy every bit of the session and completed everything ~ Nadeem R
What an amazing course! Actually the person who’s teaching. Have just started the course but the way he talks we can know how clear the concepts and how practical the sir thinks. This is not like a regular course where people just read the presentation.the instructor really makes you want each concept clearly ~ S Parab
This course has really enlightened me with plenty basic things i thought i know or should have know even in the first 5 lectures. Really kept to details and simplified terms with relatable examples ~ Ogunyomi F
Who should attend
- This course is for Beginners and not for advanced audience. Hence the faculty explains each concept in detail and demonstrates with relevant tools where required.
- Those who are interested in a career in a security operations center
Time remaining or 649 remaining registrations
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|