Self-care and Resilience
How to Protect Yourself from Stress and Burnout
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 98 students
Instructor(s): Dr Neil Thompson
Last update: 2022-07-25
What you’ll learn
- Appreciate the crucial role of self-care
- Explore nine ways of promoting self-care
- Develop a fuller understanding of the role of resilience in self-care
- Feel more confident in practicing self-care
- All that is needed is an interest in developing self-care skills and resilience
Working life can be very highly pressurized, with demands from our personal lives adding to the pressures. Making sure we cope with it all and keep stress and burnout at bay can be a very challenging undertaking. Key to this are self-care and the development of resilience. If we do not look after ourselves, we will be in a weak position to support others, whether at work or in our personal lives.
Sadly, it is not at all uncommon for busy people to focus narrowly on what they need to get done and, in the process, neglect their own needs and thereby put themselves at risk. This can lead to a vicious circle where not attending to our own needs leaves us overstretched and lacking in the energy we need to get everything done. The more depleted we become, the harder we have to try to get the work done and meet our responsibilities in our personal lives. The more this goes on, the more likely we are to neglect our own needs, potentially making the situation even worse.
This course has therefore been developed to establish the importance of self-care and to provide guidance on how to achieve it. The course also clarifies the important – but often misunderstood – role of resilience.
Who this course is for
- Anyone interested in developing their self-care skills and resilience
- Module Companion E-workbook
- Lesson 1 – Why is self-care important?
- Lesson 2 – The three Ss
- Lesson 3 – The three As
- Lesson 4 – The three Ms
- Lesson 5 – Developing resilience
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|