Statistics and Probability using Excel – Statistics A to Z
Statistics course for beginners. Gain the ability to apply Statistics & Probability to various business applications
Note: 4.1/5 (168 notes) 34,838 students
Instructor(s): Start-Tech Academy
Last update: 2022-11-03
What you’ll learn
- Learn the concepts of Probability and statistics required for making business decisions
- Learn important probability distributions such as Normal distribution, Poisson distribution, Exponential distribution, Binomial distribution etc
- Conceptual and practical understanding of a Confidence Interval
- Understand the z-statistic and the t-statistic
- Learn how to perform Single Tail and Two Tail Hypothesis Tests
- Understand the logic of Hypothesis Testing
- Only a PC with any version of Excel installed is needed for this course on “Statistics for Business Analytics using MS Excel”
You’re looking for a complete course on Statistics and Probability, right?
You’ve found the right Statistics and Probability with Excel course! This course will teach you the skill to apply statistics and data analysis tools to various business applications.
After completing this course you will be able to:
Learn the concepts of Probability and statistics required for making business decisions
Learn important probability distributions such as Normal distribution, Poisson distribution, Exponential distribution, Binomial distribution etc
Conceptual and practical understanding of a Confidence Interval
Understand the z-statistic and the t-statistic
Learn how to perform Single Tail and Two Tail Hypothesis Tests
Understand the logic of Hypothesis Testing
How this course will help you?
A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this course on Probability and Statistics in Excel.
If you are a business manager, or business analyst or an executive, or a student who wants to learn Probability and Statistics concepts and apply these techniques to real-world problems of the business function, this course will give you a solid base for Probability and Statistics by teaching you the most important concepts of Probability and Statistics and how to implement them in MS Excel.
Why should you choose this course?
We believe in teaching by example. This course is no exception. Every Section’s primary focus is to teach you the concepts through how-to examples. Each section has the following components:
Theoretical concepts and use cases
Step-by-step instructions on implementation in MS Excel
Downloadable Excel files containing data and solutions used in MS Excel
Class notes and assignments to revise and practice the concepts in MS Excel
The practical classes where we create the model for each of these strategies are something that differentiates this course from any other course available online.
What makes us qualified to teach you?
The course is taught by Abhishek (MBA – FMS Delhi, B. Tech – IIT Roorkee) and Pukhraj (MBA – IIM Ahmedabad, B. Tech – IIT Roorkee). As managers in the Global Analytics Consulting firm, we have helped businesses solve their business problems using Analytics and we have used our experience to include the practical aspects of business analytics in this course. We have in-hand experience in Business Analysis.
We are also the creators of some of the most popular online courses – with over 1,200,000 enrollments and thousands of 5-star reviews like these ones:
This is very good, i love the fact the all explanation given can be understood by a layman – Joshua
Thank you Author for this wonderful course. You are the best and this course is worth any price. – Daisy
Teaching our students is our job and we are committed to it. If you have any questions about the course content, practice sheet, or anything related to any topic, you can always post a question in the course or send us a direct message.
Download Practice files, take Quizzes, and complete Assignments
With each lecture, there are class notes attached for you to follow along. You can also take quizzes to check your understanding of concepts like Probability and Statistics in MS Excel. Each section contains a practice assignment for you to practically implement your learning onProbability and Statistics in MS Excel.
What is covered in this course?
Part 1 – Excel Basics
In the first section, i.e. Excel Basics, we will learn how to use basic excel which will be required in the latter part of this course
Part 2 – Statistics foundations for business analysts
Then, in the second section, i.e. Statistics foundations for business analysts, we will start learning about the core concepts of Business Analytics i.e. probability and probability distribution. We will look at important probability distributions used in a business setting such as Normal distribution, Poisson distribution, Exponential distribution, Binomial distribution, etc
These concepts form the foundation of data analytics, machine learning, and deep learning.
Part 3 – Statistical Decision making
Once we have covered the basics of probability, in the third section, i.e. Statistical Decision making we will discuss some advanced concepts related to sample testing i.e. hypothesis testing.
These are the concepts that differentiate a beginner from a pro!
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I’ll see you in lesson 1 of this Business Analyst Masterclass course!
Who this course is for
- Anyone curious to master Probability and Statistics using Excel in a short span of time
- Business Analysts/ Managers who want to expand on the current set of skills
- Course Resources
- Introduction to probability
- Module Introduction
- Basics of probability
- Excel Basics
- Calculating Probability in Excel – Part 1
- Calculating Probability in Excel – Part 2
- Important laws of probability
- Implementing laws of probability in Excel
- Probability distribution concepts
- Concepts of probability distribution
- Measures of probability distribution in Excel
- Discreet vs continuous probability distribution
- Using probablity distribution
- Types of discreet probability distribution
- Discreet Uniform probability distribution
- Discreet binomial probability distribution
- Binomial – Practical session
- Discreet Poisson probability distribution
- Poisson – Practical session
- Types of continuous probablity distribution
- Continuous probability distribution – Introduction
- Uniform continuous probability distribution
- Normal distribution
- Normal distribution – Practical session
- Exponential distribution
- Exponential distribution – Practical session
- Statistical Inference
- Module Introduction
- Sampling and Types of Sampling
- Point Estimation
- Excel – How to do random sampling
- Excel – Point Estimation
- Sampling Distributions
- Excel – Demo of key results
- Interval Estimation
- Excel – Interval Estimation for mean
- Excel – Interval Estimation for proportion
- How to determine sample size?
- Sample case study
- Exercise problem
- Hypothesis Testing
- What is Hypothesis testing?
- Type 1 and Type 2 errors
- The process of hypothesis testing Part-1
- The process of hypothesis testing Part-2
- How to find the p-value?
- Excel – Statistical Formulas for T distribution
- Excel – Statistical Formulas for Z distribution
- Vaccination case study
- Exercise problem
- Congratulations & about your certificate
- The final milestone!
- Bonus Lecture
Time remaining or 968 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|