The Complete Java Game Development Course for 2022
Develop Java games from scratch: From Beginner to Expert
Note: 4.4/5 (770 notes) 95,715 students
Instructor(s): Martin Yanev
Last update: 2021-08-26
What you’ll learn
- Learn the Java basics and apply them to real world projects.
- Master the Java packages for 2D game development.
- Learn how the Object Oriented Programming is used in practice.
- Create playable well known games such as Snake and Pacman, for your own sense of achievement.
- Playing music and import pictures inside a game
- Animating game characters and the displayed text
- Take user inputs to change the game state
- MacOS, Windows or Linux operating system.
- Willingness to explore the concepts for Developing Games with Java.
- No previous programming experience needed.
Learn JAVA by developing fun games from scratch. This course is for everyone who has desire to learn JAVA. The game complexity increases with every section and you will be able to rise your knowledge throughout the course.
You will develop amazing games and you will see how JAVA works moving things on screen and objects interaction. You will also create and import pictures used in the games and get familiar with creating randomly movable enemies, animating the game characters and playing music while playing the game.
Learn how to create video games using Java, which is one of the leading free to use software development tool. You will start from the basics so you need no prior experience in Java or programming! With our lectures, you’ll be surprised what you can achieve right from the first moment you start the course.
You will get 24/7 support on the Q&A section from our team. Go on to build several games including:
Brick Breaker: Design a paddle and break the brick map.
Snake Feeder: Learn how to display images to feed the snake and extend its length.
Pacman: The game talks for itself, one of the most played games worldwide. Now you will be able to create it yourself.
You will have access to a course that has over 8 hours of HD video content. Be part of our community of over 60k students worldwide and make new connections in the industry.
The course is project oriented as this is the best way to learn Java. Instead of just learning the coding concepts, you will be applying them instantly to real world games. All of the source code will be included in the end of each section, so you will never struggle to complete a lecture.
Here is how you will be thought how to build Java games.
You will first be challenged to build the entire game yourself.
I will show you every small detail in the cording lectures.
After building the game you will be asked to modify the control parameters.
Join now to get a lifetime access to this course, which includes a tone of videos and downloadable materials.
You will Java Object Oriented Programming concepts and be able to apply them for your own projects. Once you complete the course you will become an advanced game developer and feel comfortable to create games from scratch.
Who this course is for
- Beginner Java developers.
- Students with little programming experience.
- Employees in programming companies
- Computer Science students
- Introduction and Set Up
- Why Developing Games in Java?
- Source Code
- Install Java & Eclipse – Windows Users
- Install Java & Eclipse – MacOS Users
- Install Java & Eclipse – Linux Users
- Java Basics
- Java Introductory Notes
- Variables and Data Types
- Arrays and Strings
- Control Flow Statements
- Classes, Objects and Methods
- Playing Java Game Outside the IDE
- Java Basics Quiz
- Games Development Toolkit: Java Swing and AWT
- Game Class Structure
- Coordinate Systems
- Advanced Methods and Packages
- Java Swing | JFrame and JPanel
- Java Swing | Game Timer
- Java Swing | ImageIcon for Importing Pictures
- Java Util | Random Objects
- Java Sound IO | Play Music
- Java AWT | Graphics and Graphics2D
- Java AWT | KeyListener and ActionListener
- Java AWT | Draw Methods
- Java AWT | Stroking and Filling
- Java AWT | Strings and Fonts
- Objects Intersection in Java
- Brick Breaker Game
- Introduction and Classes Creation of Brick Breaker Game
- Main Class Development
- Ball and Pedal Display
- Ball and Pedal Functionality
- Displaying the Bricks Map
- Bricks Functionality
- Game Restart and Score Display
- Snake Feeder Game
- Introduction and Class Creation of Snake Feeder Game
- Main Class Development
- Setting the Game Play
- Snake Display
- Snake Functionality
- Interaction between the Snake and the Fruit
- Setting the Score and Game Restart
- Pacman Game
- Introduction and Class Creation of Pacman Game
- Main Class Development
- Set Key Variables
- Background Initialization
- Drawing the Maze – Part 1
- Drawing the Maze – Part 2
- Drawing the Maze – Part 3
- Importing the Images
- Drawing Pacman
- Pacman Functionality – Part 1
- Pacman Functionality – Part 2
- Animating Pacman
- Drawing the Enemy
- Moving the Enemy
- Dying Functionality
- Winning Functionality
- Drawing the Score
- Displaying Introduction Screen
- Pause and Stop the Game
- Play Music While Playing Pacman
Time remaining or 974 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|