The Complete Python Game Development Course for 2022
Learn Python by Designing Games From Scratch | From Zero to Hero
Note: 4.0/5 (345 notes) 56,937 students
Instructor(s): Martin Yanev
Last update: 2021-06-25
What you’ll learn
- Learn the Python basics and apply them to real world projects.
- Learn how the Object Oriented Programming is used in practice.
- Create playable games, for your own sense of achievement.
- Take user inputs to change the game state.
- Animating game characters and the displayed text
- Playing music and import pictures inside a game
- Having MacOS, Windows or Linux operating system.
- Willingness to explore the concepts for Developing Games.
- No previous programming experience needed.
Learn Python by developing fun games from scratch. This course is for everyone who has desire to learn Python. The game complexity increases with every section and you will be able to rise your knowledge throughout the course.
You will develop amazing games and you will see how Python works moving things on screen and objects interaction. You will also create and import pictures used in the games and get familiar with creating randomly movable enemies, animating the game characters and playing music and sounds while playing the game.
You will use Python and Eclipse to create games with progressively increased difficulty. By the on of this course you will be able to fully design operational game including creation of objects and positioning of custom pictures and other components on the gameplay.
This course covers the following Python topics:
Animating game objects
Implementing loops and classes
Using Pygame package to simplify game development
Animating game text using custom fonts
Development of menu screens and buttons
Taking input from the mouse/touch/keyboard
Randomizing game events
Resizing game objects
The course includes two introductory sections. This means regardless on your experience with this products you can first learn the basics and then continue to develop the actual games.
You will be able to join a game development community ready to help you every step along your game development career.
Who this course is for
- Beginner Python developers.
- Beginner Game developers
- Students with little programming experience.
- Employees in programming companies
- Computer Science students
- Experienced programmers who wish to learn game development libraries such as libGDX
- Why Learning Python for Game Development
- Important Course Notes & Source Code
- Install Python and Eclipse
- Introduction to Python
- Print Objects and Data Types
- Taking Inputs From the User
- Logical Operations
- Exercise 1: Inputs and Logical Operations
- Operations with Strings
- Arithmetic Operations
- Comparisons & Logical Operations
- If Statements
- Exercise 2: If Statements
- Data Structures
- Python Functions and Classes
- Python Void Functions
- Return Functions
- Exercise 1: Functions
- Classes, Objects and Methods
- Exercise 2: Classes
- Game1: Guess the Number
- Guess the Number Overview
- Guess The Number Development
- Game 2: Tic-Tac-Toe
- Set Up the Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Set Borders
- Player Turns
- Main Game Loop
- Restart and Run the Game
- Game 3: Brick Breaker Advanced
- Brick Breaker Set Up
- Display Gameplay
- Play Component Class
- Display Paddle
- Move Paddle
- Display Ball
- Display Bricks
- Ball Bricks Paddle Intersection
- Record The Score
- Display Score and Messages
- Game 4: Rabbit Hitman
- Set Up Rabbit Hitman Game
- Resources Configuration
- Rabbit Sprite Class
- Arrow Sprite Class
- Enemy Sprite Class
- Game Initialization
- Main Class Set Up
- Game Loop and Countdown
- Bunny Movement Controls
- Health and Accuracy
- Bonus Lecture
Time remaining or 77 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|