Ubuntu 22.04 HestiaCP Tutorial – Run WordPress on a VPS
Run Multiple WordPress sites using HestiaCP LEMP stack on Ubuntu 22.04 on Vultr, Linode, DigitalOcean etc
Note: 0/5 (0 notes) 176 students
Instructor(s): Ricky Wahowa
Last update: None
What you’ll learn
- How to deploy an Ubuntu 22.04 VPS cloud server
- How to set up and secure Ubuntu 22.04 in production
- How to install HestiaCP with LEMP stack
- How to install multiple WordPress Websites on Hestia Control Panel
- Learn how to use the Hestia Control Panel
- Learner should have a working internet connection
- Learner should be patient enough to follow along with all the commands in this course
HestiaCP is a lightweight and free control panel that you can use to host dynamic PHP websites and static websites a like. HestiaCP supports both LAMP and LEMP stack. With LAMP stack, the Hestia Control Panel also supports NGINX reverse proxy out of the box.
In this HestiaCP Tutorial, however, we will only deal with LEMP stack. With the setup we will cover, you can use cheap servers to successfully run your website.
HestiaCP supports both Ubuntu Server and Debian Server. In this Hestia tutorial, I used Ubuntu 22.04. However, You can follow along with Debian 11 as well. Compare the 2 Linux OS servers and decide which one you would rather use in your production environment.
What was used in this tutorial
Vultr as the Cloud provider. You can literally use any VPS/Cloud provider of your choice.
Ubuntu 22.04 as the Server OS. You can use Debian 11 if you so wish.
HestiaCP as the Control Panel. HestiaCP is free and open source, derived from VestaCP.
LEMP stack. No Apache server. Nginx is lightweight and can support more traffic with less resources. We’ll go with Nginx and PHP-FPM on Hestia.
Exactly what we will cover in this HestiaCP Tutorial:
Firstly, we need to install and harden Ubuntu 22.04 along with other Initial server setup tasks. This includes the following:
Step 1 : Deploy Ubuntu 22.04 Vultr server
Step 2 : Log in via SSH
Step 3 : Ubuntu 22.04 Create user + Ubuntu 22.04 add user to sudoers
Step 4 : Ubuntu 22.04 SSH Key Login Set up
Step 5 : Disable root login and Password Authentication
Step 6 : Ubuntu 22.04 Firewall Setup
Step 7 : Ubuntu 22.04 Change SSH Port
Step 8 : Create a swap file
Step 9 : Change Server Hostname
Step 10 : Set Timezone
Step 11 : Setup Automatic Updates
Next, we need to install the Hestia Control Panel.
Step 12 Install HestiaCP Ubuntu 22.04
After installing the control panel, we will see how to install multiple WordPress websites, work with the Hestia File manager, Database, Mail and so much more.
Before you decide whether you should learn how to use Hestia to host your websites, the following are some of its features as highlighted on the documentation:
Support for SFTP chroot jails
2-Factor authentication for the Admin Panel
SSH keys for login via SFTP and SSH
Nginx FastCGI cache support for Nginx + PHP-FPM
Nginx Proxy cache support for Nginx + Apache2
Per domain TLS certificates for web domains
MultiIP support for web/mail/dns
MultiPHP support for
1 Click Install Apps
Per-domain TLS certificates for inbound and outbound mail services (exim4, dovecot, webmail)
SMTP relay setup for Exim in case port 25 is blocked by the provider
Rate limit adjustable per user or email account
Per-domain TLS certificates for web domains
Let’s Encrypt support for mail domains
Latest version of Roundcube
Support for MariaDB 10.2 -> 10.8 with 10.6 as default
Support for Postgresql
Latest version of PHPmyAdmin
Automated backups to SFTP, FTP or Backblaze Cloud
Join this HestiaCP tutorial right now to start learning.
Who this course is for
- This course is for anyone who wants to use a free control panel to host WordPress or any other CMS.
- This course is for anyone who wants to migrate from shared hosting to VPS/ Cloud
- This course is for anyone interested in Hestia Control Panel
- Getting started
- Use any of my recommended VPS
- Vultr Deploy Ubuntu 22.04 and login via SSH
- Ubuntu 22.04 Initial server setup part 1
- Create Ubuntu 22.04 user and add user to sudoers group
- SSH key generation and SSH key login
- Ubuntu 22.04 Initial server setup part 2
- Firewall set up with ufw
- Change Ubuntu 22.04 SSH port
- Create swap file
- Finalize Ubuntu Server setup
- Ubuntu /Debian change server hostname
- Set Timezone
- Quick fix dpkg was interrupted
- Set up automatic updates
- Hestia Control Panel – HestiaCP
- Installation + overview of HestiaCP admin dashboard
- Create new user with 2FA
- Udemy limitation
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|