Women and Digital Inclusion
Note: 3.7/5 (20 notes) 3,820 students
Instructor(s): Dr. Swati Chakraborty
Last update: 2022-05-09
What you’ll learn
- To promote women’s entrepreneurship
- To discuss about the access to devices is only the first of many steps
- To prove strategies for addressing the gender digital divide that have already been successfully delivered results for women
- To describe the application of digital devices for equality and justice
- No experience is required
The ability to access and use the internet effectively is central to women’s digital inclusion.
• When women gain meaningful access and participate in evolving knowledge societies, it is not only women that benefit, but the whole economy.
• Promoting internet access for women is much more than an issue of gender equality; it is an essential part of the economic, social and political development of the countries.
It is vital to find ways to empower women to participate in designing, building and leading our shared digital future.
• This will require not only the decision of policy-makers, but also the understanding of societies, and the commitment of leaders
– ICT for inclusive development and women empowerment
– Women’s Digital Inclusion: Global Efforts
– Women’s Digital Inclusion: Regional perspectives
– ICT Policies Section Efforts
• Develop a common vision of the information society and Digital Economy and build capacity in MCs to measure progress in that regard (including gender dimension). • Formulate and implement ICT development policies and strategies (integrating the gender dimension all over the cycle). • Adopt new approaches and technologies for e-services, focusing on e-government and e-participation (with focus on women participation). • Monitor implementation of the conclusions of the WSIS, and the global and Arab IGF Processes (including gender dimension). • Build confidence in technology infrastructure, in particular with regard to privacy and cyber security (including gender dimension and women needs).
Who this course is for
- Women and Digital Inclusion
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Minor Project
Time remaining or 928 enrolls left
|Don’t miss any coupons by joining our Telegram group|